PDA

View Full Version : Reverse or back up lights

Destiny creek
02-11-2013, 07:19 PM
My tail lights include the red top half (brake and tail lights)and the clear bottom half ( back up light) should the back up light come on when the gater is in reverse ?

DIXIEDOG
02-11-2013, 08:11 PM
I believe with the diesel you need to order a kit for your backup lights....some switch that hooks into wiring that's already there. The 825i's have them from the factory. Well worth the $$ they are great.:Thmup:

Destiny creek
02-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Now that I got a little smarter and did a search on previous threads I see there is a switch that I need to make the back up lights work. Why would JD install it on the 825i and not on the 855d especially when you order the light package. I called my salesman and being the great dealer they are they are throwing one in for me. I guess sometime all you have to do is ask nice.

jradue
02-12-2013, 04:52 PM
Destiny creek - Agreed. My dealer threw in the switch box kit (about $75) for free when I purchased two sets of work lights. They initially told me I didn't need it, but they were wrong. I definitely appreciate and patronize reputable dealers.

Funkster
02-12-2013, 10:39 PM
Do you happen to have the part number for the back up light switch block? I am getting ready to install the deluxe light kit on a 855D. Thanks.

Funkster