PDA

View Full Version : Need help with ignition interrupt circuit

ryarber
03-02-2013, 10:21 AM
I am wanting to install a theft deterrent in my gator. Having never done this before, can someone help me with knowing how to wire this in? Also, do you have any other general suggestions for doing this? I saw one guy used a cig lighter to accomplish this. I don't want to use a cig lighter, but I'd love to hear other ideas you guys have.

I'm new here and I appreciate any help. Thanks

Robert Yarber

gatorsalad
03-02-2013, 05:13 PM
i have a simple toggle switch hidden.. just tapped into the main power wire to ignition.

RMOSSSO1
03-04-2013, 03:00 PM
The theft bar that fits on the steering wheel is a good deterrent. Also, good idea to have insurance. The bad guys have a way to steal, if they want something. If you are real paranoid, get a chain and tie the GATOR to a tree.
Rich
:FX::cuss::FX:

flu_byu
03-08-2013, 09:40 AM
i installed a command start on mine ,,,, works perfect , i put in valat mode , and its locked out ,

Zephyr74
03-08-2013, 05:21 PM
i installed a command start on mine ,,,, works perfect , i put in valat mode , and its locked out ,

What is command start? Is that a remote control key fob starter? How much?

flu_byu
03-08-2013, 05:27 PM
What is command start? Is that a remote control key fob starter? How much?

i bought a 2 way remote starter at canadian tire and installed it ,, i guess i shoulda called it remote start ,,,, and not command start... i paid 120 bucks they were on sale

osiris
03-11-2013, 10:44 AM
if I was doing it I would use a relay 85 is ground 86 is power to energize the relay 87 will be connected to 30 when the relay is energized and connected to 87a when not energized now cut what ever wire u want to break and ignition wire or fuel pump possibly and connect the ends to 30 and 87 on the relay then hook up either the 85 or 86 to some kind of a switch ie a brake, toggle, factory installed switch conceal all wiring and make it look factory if you do a security system theyres mercury tilt switches, proximity sensors, u can monitor or start it with your cell phone also they have selectable outputs that you can hook up to spotlights or anything else in the vehicle ( super handy at night) thats just a few ideas and whatever route u take solder your connections butt connectors and scotch locks are complete garbage and are a choice that will haunt u later when wires break burn up and corrode