PDA

View Full Version : 2007 HPX 4x4 steering

bluegill
04-08-2013, 09:18 AM
Steering is extremely stiff most of the time but sometimes it is fine. Any suggestions on the cause and what to look at it?

Dane
04-08-2013, 07:17 PM
Please be very specific and describe when the steering is hard and when it is not. Is it difficult when stopped or going slow but gets easier the faster you drive? Is it always difficult and easy when turning through the same locations like tight spots? Have wider than stock tires been installed on the front?

bluegill
04-09-2013, 08:53 AM
I drove it again last night and basically it is really stiff and hard to turn in either direction. Harder when not moving or going slow. Pretty much constant stiffness, no tight spots. Almost like it is in 4 wheel drive when it is not but stiffer. The tires in the front have been replaced at least a couple months ago but are same size as the ones it came with.

Dane
04-09-2013, 09:43 AM
Is this a new condition? Has it always been difficult to turn?

bluegill
04-09-2013, 10:30 AM
New Condition. Has gotten worse over the past couple months. And there are still times that it feels fine but those are less and less frequent. It is driven every day by several different people.

Dane
04-09-2013, 03:20 PM
When you get a chance I'd jack the front end up and try turning it. I'm wondering if the rack is going.