PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal??

Allygator
04-10-2013, 10:58 PM
http://s248.photobucket.com/user/jchavez_photo/media/IMG_0553_zps08f6f784.mp4.html

http://s248.photobucket.com/user/jchavez_photo/media/IMG_0552_zps45e98547.mp4.html

So before I take my favorite toy I mean tool into the dealer I want a few honest opinions., Is the brake squeak in the video normal or do i need to take it into the dealer for warranty work..

What do you guys think?

K-DOG
04-11-2013, 09:25 AM
I don't see a video. Mine squeaks at slow speed after I let off the brakes.

Allygator
04-11-2013, 10:26 AM
Sorry about that the videos are attached

K-DOG
04-11-2013, 11:42 AM
That's what mine did, after this winter of plowing and bombing through the snow it's stopped. I would guess it's just dust and dirt caught between the pads and disc.

Allygator
04-11-2013, 12:38 PM
That's what mine did, after this winter of plowing and bombing through the snow it's stopped. I would guess it's just dust and dirt caught between the pads and disc.

That's what dealer said, gave me a can of the deere break cleaner and said to try that first..

Allygator
04-11-2013, 09:21 PM
So with the plan being to remove all the wheels and use the break cleaner on front and rear brakes tomorrow..

Am I the only crazy person who will check all the torque on the wheels when I'm done? Manual says 80# on standard which I assume means steele wheels and 105# on the sport.

80# seems high as well or is that the norm?

GATORDONE
04-12-2013, 10:05 AM
Yes that is the correct torque.:Ysnd:

Allygator
04-12-2013, 08:30 PM
Well it wasn't dirt or dust. Cleaned all very thoroughly as still squeaking.

Any mor ideas. Dealer says pads are not warranty..

Allygator
05-17-2013, 12:26 PM
Well, after trying the brake cleaner and blowing the heck out of it with the air compressor with no luck, I took the gator back in and had them look at it again more so bc it seemed to have slight rotational squeak without even pressing the brakes after I let off. I could roll it off the trailer and hear the sound of the brake shoe squeaking. Last Friday the service manager called and said all fixed that there was a high spot on the rotor and that the noise was gone his tech drove the heck out of it blah blah.. So I go down to pick it up and the noise is identical no change what so ever.. Apparently the according to the tech your brakes will rust and squeak causing that noise. I called bull*&* and asked for the service manager who btw the way is and has been awesome through the whole process. Come to find out the tech never took both back wheels off..So he says that he is going to order two new rear rotors with new brake shoes..Supposed to be ready for pickup Tuesday.

Im curious on anyone's ideas of what could have caused the issue, Maybe a the high spot glazed the pad causing the squeak I wonder..

Fingers crossed, I hate the squeak..

pahawi
05-17-2013, 05:07 PM
As I said in your other thread:

http://www.johndeeregatorforum.com/forum/showthread.php?13481-2012-John-XUV-825i-Brake-Squeal

Hope you get it fixed.......

Paul