PDA

View Full Version : First Gator 6x4

rgadagno
05-14-2013, 10:55 AM
Hi,
Just bought the wife a gator. Of course it needs work. Its a win win I like to tinker and she get to use it for house chores. Anyway i know it needs a motor and I'm trying to get the model /year information for buy parts. The only number i saw so far is the Product Identification Number w006x4x001195. Could not find any place to look that code up. Can any help with some more information.

Thanks.

CaptDan
05-14-2013, 11:47 AM
Sorry I cannot help you, but I can welcome you aboard and I'm sure many other knowledgeable people will be able to answer your question. Just might have to wait until later, the smart ones still have jobs.

Dan - NJ

rgadagno
05-16-2013, 08:52 AM
Here is a picture of the Gator is this help anyone. I just received the new motor for it from engine warehouse. Hope to get some time over the weekend and get started.

GATORDONE
05-18-2013, 10:21 AM
That would be a 1993 model yr utility gator.

gatorvirgn
11-01-2013, 07:27 PM
First, how big is your house that the wife needs a 6x4 utility gator for house work??:lol: Second, thanks for the picture, I have bought an older gator that was very expensive but the guy threw in 5.5 acres and it has no ID on it. From what I can see from your picture and others I think it's somewhere in the '93-'95 time frame. I recently went to start it and after a couple of cranks it just went dead, battery is good and have read to many replies that there may be a fuse behind the dash, under the passenger seat or even a possible fusible link. I'm heading up to trouble shoot all these options but while you're jazzing up the wifes new ride let us know what you may find, thanks.:BG: