PDA

View Full Version : Front auxillary light housing? (where the yellow sticker is)

er456
05-21-2013, 03:54 PM
Can anyone please tell me what size light housing will fit in the above mentioned space?

If you have mounted a light in that space please share.

Jake B
05-21-2013, 06:16 PM
The yellow reflector stickers that cover the turn signal holes?

er456
05-21-2013, 06:58 PM
The yellow reflector stickers that cover the turn signal holes?

Yes, I think that's the one. I want to mount a housing in there and install some LED lights to work along with replacement LED bulbs for the headlights.

Dane
05-21-2013, 07:30 PM
What model Gator do you have? I've replaced the bulbs in the headlights of my 550 with LED's and am considering 86ing the amber reflectors or at least bling them with some LED angel eyes.

Jake B
05-21-2013, 10:20 PM
Yes yes yes.... I too have explored this road. It's a strange hole dimension. If you look behind the sticker (inside wheel well) you will see some knock out tabs to install the marker/turn signals. I'm not 100% sure, but I think this is the light JD uses:

JW Speaker is mainly an OEM company and will not sell to the public. For my Gator the light is only $24 (VGA12077). If that is the same for yours then you should be able to change out the bulb to a LED.

I dont know about you guy's, but I have been pretty impressed with the standard Speaker headlights. I have own a few lawn tractors that had really ineffective lights. The LED's must really be awesome!

er456
05-21-2013, 11:07 PM
What model Gator do you have? I've replaced the bulbs in the headlights of my 550 with LED's and am considering 86ing the amber reflectors or at least bling them with some LED angel eyes.

Mine's a 2008 620i SE blk. I'm re-thinking replacing the headlights with LED's since I've found 35W HID's on e-bay for $29. I think I'll go the HID route for the headlights.

Yes yes yes.... I too have explored this road. It's a strange hole dimension. If you look behind the sticker (inside wheel well) you will see some knock out tabs to install the marker/turn signals. I'm not 100% sure, but I think this is the light JD uses:

JW Speaker is mainly an OEM company and will not sell to the public. For my Gator the light is only $24 (VGA12077). If that is the same for yours then you should be able to change out the bulb to a LED.

I dont know about you guy's, but I have been pretty impressed with the standard Speaker headlights. I have own a few lawn tractors that had really ineffective lights. The LED's must really be awesome!

Jake, that's really helpful, thanks! I'll check with JD on that part. I really don't have any complaints with the current headlights and haven't actually used them much at all. I'm just wanting to add a poly ops roof soon and was going to add some lighting onto that, then began thinking of upgrading the current lighting; all trying to work within the limits of the standard alternator. Trying to get the most bang for the buck.

er456
05-21-2013, 11:09 PM
It's actually a 2009, not 2008 like I said above, FWIW.

JonathonOlson
06-05-2013, 07:01 AM
Yes, I think that's the one. I want to mount a housing in there and install some discount hid kits (http://www.robustbuy.com/lighting-system-hid-xenon-kits-c-492_645_653.html) to work along with replacement LED bulbs for the headlights.

hello friend can I use HId lights instead of led ones. I have already purchased them so it would be double expense if I go for led lights..Please help