PDA

View Full Version : 04 HPX maiden voyage

oleblu72
05-29-2013, 12:02 AM
Well I installed my brand new Chinese made Ebay starter today and so far so good she started right up and seems to run pretty good. The locker in the rearend works extremely well, or maybe I should say its a good thing it has one . I wish the seat would slide back a little farther.

I have a question for someone does the hour meter have a memory like if you disconnect the battery will it keep the correct hours? This Gator was suppose to have 1000 hrs. on it but when I got it running today I noticed the hr. meter was showing 1,728 hrs.

Mark

Jake B
05-29-2013, 07:52 AM
Yes, it has a memory.

I agree with you, the rear diff lock is the best part of the drivetrain.

dieselsmith
05-29-2013, 09:12 AM
Yeah it must have more than you were told originally

oleblu72
05-29-2013, 12:25 PM
Yeah it must have more than you were told originally

I think its time for a phone call. I already had words with them so a few more can't hurt maybe another to the Better Business Bureau.

Mark

Jake B
05-29-2013, 09:06 PM
1728hrs? Thats just getting broke in.

oleblu72
05-30-2013, 11:16 AM
Took the Gator out for a fact finding ride and got hopelessly stuck ,but I can blame my brother for this one because he was driving . The left side wheels were just about totally submerged which translates to a wet belt and the exhaust playing a tune in the water. Had to get pulled out so I guess its time to start looking for a cheap winch and try to remember not to wear tennis shoe's next time while playing in the mud. Anyone know how these winches are like Talon and Venom that are that are sold on Ebay? And if I keep playing in the mud I'm gonna have to get a more aggressive tread cause these half worn out Carlisle aren't cutting it.

Mark

Dane
05-31-2013, 07:57 AM
I've got a Superwinch and love it. It's more expensive than the no-name winches but considerably less than Warn and the quality seems top notch. I went with the 4'500 pound because it was actually a bit less expensive than the 3'500.

Allygator
05-31-2013, 10:37 AM
I have the Promark 4000# winch with the synthetic rope and remote, and absolutely love it. I have used it to pull a couple of cars up on my car hauler trailer and have used it to pull the gator up on the trailer as well (trying not to wake the whole family loading it early one morning.

oleblu72
05-31-2013, 01:25 PM
While doing a search on Venom winches I ran across a disturbing story about the Ebay seller that sells Venom. I guess they sent this guy the wrong Venom winch and it was even a smaller winch and parts of the winch were even the wrong ones and it turned into a real problem. As far as I know they wouldn't take the winch back and he never got the winch up and running and both the Ebay seller and Venom wouldn't help him much so I guess I will forget about these people.

Mark

Dane
05-31-2013, 05:20 PM
I have never been a big fan of Ebay. I use it when I don't have another choice but I prefer to deal with a known retailer. I think I ordered my winch and mounting brackets through Amazon.

oleblu72
06-01-2013, 01:27 PM
I have never been a big fan of Ebay. I use it when I don't have another choice but I prefer to deal with a known retailer. I think I ordered my winch and mounting brackets through Amazon.

Moto Alliance sells the Viper on Ebay I hear their trust worthy and there's a seller or two that sells the Viper on Amazon, but I know one thing after getting stuck I know that I have to invest in a winch.

Mark