PDA

View Full Version : New 825I options

Dlauffenburger
06-22-2013, 09:23 AM
Hello,

I am about to order a new 825I and have been working on a options list, but am curious what everyone else thinks about the options and their usefulness. Below is a list of options that I am considering and would like input from everyone on what works and what they wish they wouldn't have purchased. Additionally any other recommendations are appreciated.

Rops with Poly Roof
Full No Scratch windshield
Front Brush Guard
Rear Bumper
Tail Light protection screens
Warn winch
Maxis tires
Med range lights mounted on roof (Requires rops mounted light switch unit)
Bed Mat
Floor Mat

I have been going back and forth on the Poly enclosure but find it hard to justify the cost, are there any other enclosures that are better and less expensive. I looked at the Curtis enclosure on line and it looks nice but is more money than the Deere enclosure.

Has anyone purchased the warn winch locally and installed it yourself? I see the Warn 3000lb winch advertised for about 1/2 the cost of what JD wants, but am not sure if all of the mounting hardware and wiring will end up costing me the difference.

Any recommendations and comments are appreciated.

Thanks, Dave

Dane
06-22-2013, 04:02 PM
It's pretty easy to install a winch if you feel like it. Mounting brackets are available from several manufacturers. I have a bit less than $300 in my Superwinch 4'500# and it took a couple hours. The winch was about $230, $40 for the mounting brackets and then I bought some misc stuff like wire ties and conduit to protect it.

itrapbeaver
06-22-2013, 10:04 PM
I have everything you want except the enclosure and full windshield. I went with the half windshield, because there is no need to clean it, doesn't fog up, and it directs the wind up over the cab. The mats will give protection for a while but I have ruined them already. The maxis tires are worth the money, if you don't drive on cement surfaces they will last for years.

DIXIEDOG
06-23-2013, 09:55 AM
Just my $.02 but I would opt for the rear protection package instead of the tail light screens....you will protect the side of your bed as well as your lights.

apple
06-23-2013, 11:26 PM
If going for windshield I would recommend glass

duling
06-24-2013, 07:59 AM
If you want a windshield... get the glass! IMO no matter what coating you put on plastic, a few branches off the side and she's scratched up.

If you like to ride in the winter and don't miss the days of freezing your a$$ off on an ATV... get the cab... It gets dam cold where I live and I ride wherever/whenever in a long sleeve t-shirt. The heat coming off the radiator keeps the cab about 60degrees and my trucker fan keeps the windshield frost free.

Maxxis tires are worth every penny and then some!

I just have stock lights because I don't do alot of night riding... I plowed quite a bit of snow this winter in the dark and found them good enough for me. If I had lights on top of the cab I would have torn them off the first day trail riding.

Some form of protection for the tail-lights is NEEDED... my protectors have taken a beating! I'm taking them off and re-coating them with spray bedliner because they have little paint left on them.

duling
06-24-2013, 07:59 AM
If you want a windshield... get the glass! IMO no matter what coating you put on plastic, a few branches off the side and she's scratched up.

If you like to ride in the winter and don't miss the days of freezing your a$$ off on an ATV... get the cab... It gets dam cold where I live and I ride wherever/whenever in a long sleeve t-shirt. The heat coming off the radiator keeps the cab about 60degrees and my trucker fan keeps the windshield frost free.

I just have stock lights because I don't do alot of night riding... I plowed quite a bit of snow this winter in the dark and found them good enough for me. If I had lights on top of the cab I would have torn them off the first day trail riding.

Some form of protection for the tail-lights is NEEDED... my protectors have taken a beating! I'm taking them off and re-coating them with spray bedliner because they have little paint left on them.

fastgun
06-24-2013, 10:26 AM
Agree on the tires. They work very well and are tuff.
I installed the turn signal and flasher kit. I like being able to have some warning when riding at dusk or at night. When following a hay baler or other slow machine, the warning flashers just add safety.

I want some better head lights. The stock work OK for slow driving in an open area. Get more off road and they are rather dim and narrow. I don't drive fast enough to out run them, but see how someone could.

DIXIEDOG
06-24-2013, 06:34 PM
I forgot to mention before but if you drive off road alot I would suggest you get the front and rear CV protectors as well.....they work very well and will save you a fortune if you drive through sticks a lot.

Dlauffenburger
06-25-2013, 06:07 AM
Thanks for the information and recommendations everyone. I am still trying to put together my options list. I originally configured a vehicle on the JD website and forwarded it to my dealer for a quote, but yesterday I called them with a couple of the updates recommended above and the quote came back $2200 higher than I anticipated. When I questioned it he told me there was an error on the JD's web configurator and they just caught it yesterday so now I am trying to reconfigure it to stay within my budget.

Has anyone found an aftermarket manufacture for items like the Front Brush guard, Rear Bumper, CV Guards, etc; I would like to stick with all JD but I think some of these items are overpriced ($200+ for a tubing rear bumper) from the JD Dealer.

Thanks again,
Dave

duling
06-25-2013, 07:39 AM
I agree! Plus I hate the look of the JD brush guard... I'd rather replace a headlight than have that gawd-aweful thing hanging off the front. I'd like to see someone make a pushbar style front guard... I think that'd look cool

Dlauffenburger
06-25-2013, 09:16 AM

What type of tail-light protectors do you have, the rear protection package bars or the metal grill type that just covers the light lens?

Huntyngrl
06-25-2013, 09:32 AM
I got the deluxe cargo box which comes with the light protectors

duling
06-27-2013, 08:28 AM
I have just the light guards, not the whole bumper assembly. I have found they work quite well as I have had several instances where they saved my lights, several... :) hence the reason I have to repaint them.

CaptDan
06-27-2013, 09:36 AM
I forgot to mention before but if you drive off road alot I would suggest you get the front and rear CV protectors as well.....they work very well and will save you a fortune if you drive through sticks a lot.

I agree ! This is probably the most important protection item you can add. In my humble opinion these should be standard equipment on all Gators. Even if you never plan on taking the Gator off road, it doesn't take much for a tire to catch a piece of fallen branch on your lawn and push it up into the CV boot.

Dan - NJ

missouri gator
06-27-2013, 08:06 PM
[QUOTE=CaptDan;31240]I agree ! This is probably the most important protection item you can add. In my humble opinion these should be standard equipment on all Gators. Even if you never plan on taking the Gator off road, it doesn't take much for a tire to catch a piece of fallen branch on your lawn and push it up into the CV boot.

:IAgre:

nakdboardr
06-27-2013, 08:23 PM
I bought most of my options after I ordered the gator...You can shop online and save some cash..you just need to do the install yourself......:Hwdy: