PDA

View Full Version : 2009 HPX-smell gasoline

countryboy
06-24-2013, 12:00 PM
I have a 2009 HPX purchased used from JOHN DEERE CORP 302 hrs. I think it Runs perfect looks new but I smell ghasoline all time, no leaks, seeps, or what ever. Can not detect where this comes from as gas cap is closed tight. Tail pipe is black inside as though it gets too much gas. Has any one done any adjustments on carb.

Dane
06-25-2013, 07:46 AM
First, I would check the oil level and make sure it stays where it should. If you see the oil level above where it should be or if it rises it can indicate something is wrong with the carb.

GATORDONE
06-25-2013, 10:18 AM
It could be that the throttle position sensors are not adjusted correctly causing it to run rich and that is where your smell is coming from. You need to take it to the dealer or someone who knows about Kawasaki throttle body assembly's to get them adjusted correctly or replaced.

countryboy
06-28-2013, 09:41 PM
Thanks

rodbuilder
04-24-2014, 05:36 PM
It could be that the throttle position sensors are not adjusted correctly causing it to run rich and that is where your smell is coming from. You need to take it to the dealer or someone who knows about Kawasaki throttle body assembly's to get them adjusted correctly or replaced.

When was the last time you saw a throttle position sensor on a carburetter engine?