PDA

View Full Version : John Deere brand plow

oleblu72
07-05-2013, 06:38 PM
Does any members have any experience or some kind of knowledge about the factory Deere V snow plow? There's a used one on Ebay for $1300 or best offer, has the motor for up and down but manual angle adjust, looks like its in good shape, thanks.

Mark

dieselsmith
07-06-2013, 01:24 PM
I would buy the Eagle plow its much cheaper. You can get the 72" plow, mount, good hd winch and mount for far less. It pushes snow great

oleblu72
07-06-2013, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the reply Dieselsmith . I've looked at the Eagles on Ebay like you say their priced right. I wonder who makes the one Motoalliance sells? Thanks again.

Mark

dieselsmith
07-07-2013, 10:49 AM
The motoalliance are more expensive. I bought mine from kg motorcycle per recommendations on this forum. They are made in Minnesota I think. The good old USA anyways. Far better quality than the Moose on my atv. Mine was black 72" (no V) and it was 585 delivered (free shipping). All you need is a winch. I got the 4500lb superwinch synthetic rope utv wide spool winch (amazon). Excellent set-up and I have like 850 in it all. It is a front mount plow too so no long arms to crawl underneath and hook up. I do take the mount plate off in the summer because the mount arms hang down kind of low. Could get hung up off roading.

oleblu72
07-08-2013, 12:01 AM
I've wondered about that single point hookup on the front for the plow I would think that it might put a lot of stress in one small area when pushing snow but I could be wrong. I've looked at a Superwinch like yours, I think I might buy one like yours or possibly a Viper Elite 4000.

Mark

dieselsmith
07-08-2013, 07:25 AM
Its not a single point hook up. There is a mount plate that bolts on over the steel front skid plate with 2 "ears" for the plow to mount to. It is the same design as the mid vehicle mount only up front which really increases the lift angle which is a big plus. This isnt one of those set-up that go in the front 2" reciever hitch. You may be able to see it in the pic and I added a pic of the winch. Don't cheap out on that because it drug me out of the last 2 pics.

oleblu72
07-08-2013, 12:52 PM
Ok I see how it mounts that looks ok but I wonder how much different the mount would be for a 04 Gator? How much down force does the plow have, do you ever have any trouble of the plow riding over top of the snow while pushing? Your winch tucks into your grill quite nicely, your winch is about $100 cheaper than the Viper Elite. Right after I bought my Gator my brother got it buried just like yours, water over top of the left side tires and I didn't have a winch to rely on. Thanks.

Mark