PDA

View Full Version : Less than 5 hours old and problems already...

merlingator
07-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Just had my new 825i delivered yesterday :) However, with less than 5 hours on the clock it now keeps popping out of high gear when I start to accelerate after initially putting it into gear :( Low gear seems to be Ok. Any ideas on what I could try before I drag this thing back to the dealer 50 miles away?

pahawi
07-07-2013, 06:42 AM
Mine have always done that too, if I push the gear selector too much forward (or down, if you like). The selector on mine sits around half an inch above the recess on the plactic cover. With a Little practice, you can almost feel in you hand, when you hit the right spot for the selector. Think others here have the same issue - they can probably explain it in more proper English :hde:

Good luck.

Paul

apple
07-07-2013, 07:52 AM
I think the warranty ( unless it's changed) includes pickup and delivery from the dealership at no cost for a year and 2 years if you got extended warranty. The dealership I bought mine from has came and picked it up several times; no problem

merlingator
07-07-2013, 08:47 AM
Mine have always done that too, if I push the gear selector too much forward (or down, if you like). The selector on mine sits around half an inch above the recess on the plactic cover. With a Little practice, you can almost feel in you hand, when you hit the right spot for the selector. Think others here have the same issue - they can probably explain it in more proper English :hde:

Good luck.

Paul

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems to stay in high if I first go down to low then back to high; I can feel the detent a little better that way. But I don't think I should have to do that.

merlingator
07-07-2013, 08:51 AM
I think the warranty ( unless it's changed) includes pickup and delivery from the dealership at no cost for a year and 2 years if you got extended warranty. The dealership I bought mine from has came and picked it up several times; no problem

I didn't read anything about pick up and delivery in the warranty info...I'll be calling the dealership first thing in the morning to get the verdict.

Z15
07-07-2013, 11:10 AM
I agree

Warranty service will be performed without charge to the purchaser for parts or labor. The purchaser will be responsible, however, for any service call and/or transportation of product to and from the dealer’s or service center’s place of business, for any premium charged for overtime labor requested by the purchaser, and for any service and/or maintenance not directly related to any defect covered under the warranties below.

http://www.deere.com/en_US/docs/warranty_pdf/turf_and_utility_equipment/WarrantyUS.pdf

RMOSSSO1
07-07-2013, 11:23 AM
Merlingator:

Perhaps mention to the dealer that you will post the DEALERS name and willingness to help you after buying a GATOR, and only 5 hours of use, posting his name on this forum and others. Do it nicely, but seems your dealer made enough profit to fix the problem after only 5 hours of useage. It had to come from the factory defective. Good luck and let us know what happens.
Rich
:Eek:

merlingator
07-08-2013, 09:57 PM
Merlingator:

Perhaps mention to the dealer that you will post the DEALERS name and willingness to help you after buying a GATOR, and only 5 hours of use, posting his name on this forum and others. Do it nicely, but seems your dealer made enough profit to fix the problem after only 5 hours of useage. It had to come from the factory defective. Good luck and let us know what happens.
Rich
:Eek:

Great idea! Thx!

srb08
08-17-2013, 02:14 AM
Or............mention that he didn't help you.
I seem to remember others with this problem when the 825i first came out. From what I recall there was a problem with the linkage not allowing the transmission to fully engage.