PDA

View Full Version : No tail lights?????????????????

Huntyngrl
07-27-2013, 07:55 PM
My 825i is just over a week old. Had a chance to check out the lights tonight, the tail lights aren't coming on....??? Red brake lights come on. I have the deluxe cargo bed with the brake/tail/reverse lights and light protector...Only lights that come on are the red brake lights when I brake or having the parking brake on. I have the 2 switches for lights next to the
2wd/4wd switch...the one is for the long range lights. Anyone have any idea or is there something to check?:hdscrh: Otherwise will call dealer Monday if I can't figure it out...must be something didn't get installed or wired??:hdscrh::skep:

Huntyngrl
07-27-2013, 08:47 PM
Ok, maybe I figured out....The operator manual doesn't list a whole lot of detail. Are the brake/reverse/tail lights all the red light? I went out to check again, took the parking brake off and tried the 3 position switch - lower part down is off, middle turned just the tail lights on (red) then the top all the way down was both head and tail... I wasn't sure if the tail light was the lighter colored plastic area below the red or not?

missouri gator
07-28-2013, 11:11 AM
Sounds like your switch is fine, without going to the shed to look at mine I think the reverse light is on the bottom and a clear light. If you have the turn signals I believe they flash yellow on the rear.