PDA

View Full Version : E.C.U Bad

B47117
08-03-2013, 11:55 AM
Has anybody had trouble with there E.C.U ? I just went to the my local JD dealer yesterday to check on my 2 year old 625i it was in because my nephew put 2 gallons of trimmer gas in the gator. In the beginning I changed out the fuel filter and spark plugs also put some stp gas treatment in and ranit down to 1/2 a tank and still a rough idle now I'm thinking clogged injectors so I take it in to see if they can help. I go back yesterday and they tell me that the ECU was bad. They checked from the sensors inward to the ECU. all the sensors checked good when they got to the ECU it failed the check so to prove this out the pulled a ECU from a new gator of the floor and installed it and it ran like a champ. So my Question to everybody is has there been any other issues out there of ECU Failing . Any info would be greatly appriecated.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::ma d::mad:2565

DIXIEDOG
08-03-2013, 03:58 PM
Haven't heard of it but given how new it is I would make a call to JD about the ECU....I think they have some sort of extended emissions warranty on them which should cover the ECU...no way you should be having to fork out the full $$ for that repair this quickly. I'm pretty sure the emission warranty is for 30 months on them, might be worth discussing with the dealer...they may have completely overlooked that portion of your coverage since it's an odd claim. The 2 cycle fuel in no way would cause the ECU failure it just had to be coincidental timing.