PDA

View Full Version : 2011 825i

dadstoy
08-14-2013, 12:15 PM
thinking about a roof- poly or soft- how do they hold up on a trailer traveling 60 65mph? Can anybody give me some input? thanks

dieselsmith
08-14-2013, 04:04 PM
Soft roof inflates on a trailer but it is easy on and off so I just yank it and put it back on when I get where i'm going. I think it looks a ton better and it is a hell of alot cheaper than that huge wide poly roof.

DIXIEDOG
08-14-2013, 08:46 PM
I've got the poly roof and haven't had any issues with it. It offers great protection and it's very durable, I prefer the look of the poly roof myself.

plateauman57
08-14-2013, 10:11 PM
How well do the soft roofs hold up against low hanging limbs? Was thinking of getting one for my 850i because I too like the looks.

Dlauffenburger
08-15-2013, 06:49 AM
I bought a 2011 825i used and it came with a soft top, so far it has help up fair. It has faded pretty bad and is starting to unravel along the edge in a couple of locations. As far as function, it works pretty well at keeping the sun from beating on your head but is not so good in rain any harder than a sprinkle. It is attached with Velcro straps so there is no way to really stretch it tight, when you get a hard rain it will fill up with water, and emptying it without getting soaked is pretty tough.

In short I have the soft top and am going to purchase the Poly top. From a couple of post on this forum I understand the poly top for our year of ROPS is now approx. $250 not the $450 of the newer version.

Dave

Allygator
08-15-2013, 11:41 AM
I have the soft camo roof and as others have said. You have to take it off when trailering. I have managed to pull it tight enough that the rain doesn't pool up on mine though. I will be building one out of aluminum diamond plate this winter though.. I like the Diamondback roofs but I want to build it to follow the lines a little better and to cover the back a little further..

RMOSSSO1
08-15-2013, 01:06 PM
My 825i had the hard top. Been back and forth GA to PA several times. I always load the GATOR rear end first. No problem with roof. Did lose a couple floor mats which was dumb on my part.

dieselsmith
08-15-2013, 07:25 PM
My softy is holding up good. Its a heavy canvas type and has done alright so far. I did have a stitching problem where the velcro fastener pulled off but my sister in law is good at sewing and fixed me right up.