PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Street Tires and wheels???

850iGirl
08-17-2013, 11:48 AM
Ya, I know it sounds crazy... Who would want to take off those sweet looking wheels and tires and put street tires on an 850i?? I just bought my 850i and I intend to use it for dual-purposes. I live in a neighborhood where golf carts are used to get around to a few parks and to neighbor's houses...not specifically allowed, but everyone turns a blind eye.

Use 1: I will be using it EVERYDAY to go up and down the street to take my dog to the park (I am super excited that my car will no longer be getting trashed with mud and dog hair) however I don't want to sacrifice the life of my tire tread.

Use 2: At least one trip a month to either MudFest or to the woods, trails and mud. I live in Florida so we don't ride as much in the summer, we typically launch the boat instead. Come winter, we are in the woods every weekend.

So in the summer, I was playing with the idea of putting some cheap basic wheels and tires on that I can easily swap out for the tires that came with it when we head out for a trip.

Any ideas or suggestions? I tried searching for tires online (26x8x14 and 26x10x14) but I kept getting mud tire results. How small of a tire should I even consider? I don't want to put tiny golf cart tires on it! :lol:
Also, Does anyone know the bolt pattern?

(I apologize2577 in advance if there is already a post on this, I did a search and didn't find exactly what I was looking for, and I'm new here)

Dane
08-17-2013, 01:07 PM
I have a second set (http://www.johndeeregatorforum.com/forum/showthread.php?12691-New-Tires&highlight=tires) of steel rims with Carlisle All Trail tires which I use 98% of the time and are driven mostly on street and lawns. They have a lot more rubber on the ground so are much easier on turf and the compound seems harder and does not leave rubber marks when turning sharp on concrete.

chiefmoose
08-17-2013, 02:48 PM
Not sure if the pattern is the same on the 850i, but my 620i has 5x4.5 pattern. That is the same as jeep and small ford. So, you could put a set of 225/75-15s. Check ebay for goodyear wrangler all terrain tires. I know the 235/75-15s are very reasonable. Much cheaper than atv tires, and will last forever, even for highway use.

huge
08-17-2013, 11:12 PM
The bolt pattern is 4x136mm. I would go with a simple all-terrain LT tire (light truck). Perhaps the BFG All Terrain in a LT195/75R14 which is 25.5" tall
http://www.bfgoodrichtires.ca/tire-selector/category/off-road-tires/all-terrain-t-a-ko/tire-details