PDA

View Full Version : gator and care tow dolly

andyb
08-20-2013, 07:55 PM
hi.. i was woundering if i will do harm to my gator and its transmission if i use one of these tow dollys to transport my gator.. obviously the rear tires wont be happy but i will not be travelling any more than 40miles at any 1 times and will not be subjecting it to any great speed, say around 50 miles an hour.... all comments welcome.http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?ei=UTF-8&fr=crmas&p=tow+dolly

dieselsmith
08-21-2013, 09:08 AM
I would go with a trailer to be safe.

825joe
08-21-2013, 10:00 AM
the belt will still be turning at a pretty good clip. Depend on how fast you are going too. I wouldn't chance it.

Bunky
08-21-2013, 05:44 PM
From JD 825 i owners manual:

Towing the Machine
IMPORTANT: Avoid damage! Never tow the vehicle above 40 km/h (25 mph). Towing a vehicle at speeds above 40 km/h (25 mph) will result in transmission damage.
To avoid damage, haul the vehicle in an enclosed trailer. If an open trailer must be used, haul on a heavy-duty trailer or on a full-size truck. Be cautious and travel at reduced speeds.
Optional accessories, such as a windshield, should be removed to avoid sudden unintentional separation from the vehicle.
Never use a car type dolly with the front wheels on the dolly.

andyb
08-21-2013, 06:00 PM
wow, there goes that idea... cheers guys!

BillT
10-14-2013, 04:31 PM
andyb,
Be aware too that any windshield for these machines tends to bow inward at higher speeds. Make sure & remember this if you get an open trailer.