PDA

View Full Version : SMV sign mounting??

Huntyngrl
08-28-2013, 12:15 PM
Wondering how you guys mounted your SMV if you have one?

Putting one on just to be safe, all I found for NYS regs was 2-6 feet off the ground, centerline on the back. Was thinking of wiring it onto the back of the OPS bar somehow...don't want to put holes in it if I don't have to....

Thanks!

RoyJackson
08-28-2013, 02:03 PM
Most of the SMV signs I've seen on UTVs were mounted directly behind the driver's head. That's high enough for good visibility, but doesn't impede the driver's view when reversing and such
As far as how they were mounted...I'd use clamps on the left rear bar and rear cross bar of the OPS. If your Gator has a roof, you might have to fabricate some kind of bracket.
My Gator doesn't go on the road, so at this point, I don't need an SMV sign.

Bunky
08-28-2013, 06:45 PM
We have one. I was going to mount it directly behind the driver seat using magnets since I have the metal back screen.

jdcellar
08-28-2013, 09:26 PM
I mounted a SMV on the metal rear screen behind the drivers head. I took the screws out that hold the head rest on and drilled holes in the SMV sign to match the holes in the head rest and put the head rest back on with the SMV sign on the back of the screen. I think I had to use longer screws and I also put a piece of thin foam between the sign and the rear screen.

dieselsmith
08-29-2013, 08:56 AM
X2! Thats exactly what I did.