PDA

View Full Version : Fire Extinguisher, and Utility Light Mounts "Ridge Runner"

mountaingoat
08-30-2013, 06:20 PM
Hi All. Here are a couple of "Need to Have", and "Nice to Have" Items I made up for the "Ridge Runner". Brackets and mounts for a fire extinguisher, and a utility light. The brackets were made using some 1" x 3/16", and 1 1/2" x 1/8" flat bar, and the aluminum brackets are modified "Pro-Werks" nitrous bottle mounts. The light is a 30 LED unit by Voltec, and the extinguisher is a "1 pounder" dry chem. by MaxOut. Hope to use the light much more than extinguisher! mountaingoat.

dieselsmith
08-31-2013, 12:05 AM
Has that bad boy ever been dirty?

Dane
09-01-2013, 06:12 PM
I've been thinking about adding a fire extinguisher to mine. Hopefully you will never need yours.

---
Several years ago the neighbor to my office was mowing up fall leaves. The shredded leaves & dust got around the exhaust of the John Deere mower and it caught fire. I heard him yelling and when I got there he was spraying it with a garden hose to little affect. A few minutes later the fire department arrived. The mower was toast and nothing else was in danger so it pretty much was a training exercise. They got out the 1 1/2" hose and sprayed but wisps of flame were still visible and as soon as they turned the water off the fire came back. The one in charge said "get the 3". They blasted it with the bigger fire hose and no flames were visible when spraying but when they turned the water off the fire came back. So, out came a second 3" hose and they sprayed the little mower from opposite sides. They turned the water off and the flames returned. "OK, go ahead and use the foam". A five second squirt with foam and the fire was out. Until then I had never seen how difficult a gas and oil fire could be to extinguish.

FamilyGator
09-01-2013, 11:23 PM
Nice work on the mods, that is one crazy flashlight...like an Olympic torch!

Are your rear marker lights from the factory or aftermarket?

mountaingoat
09-02-2013, 01:07 AM
Yep, that light is a keeper! One time on a trail at night with a blown fuse and I'm happy to have it on board! this thing has a magnet strong enough to cling to a steel suffice in any position leaving your hands free. The 30 LED's will light up the trail enough to get along. My rear lights are a JD option, brake, running, turn, and emergency flash. mountaingoat.

vanderrt
09-04-2013, 07:59 AM
Great Job Mountaingoat. Went looking for the rear view mirrow mounts then I relized you made them. Really nice fabrication!!!

mountaingoat
09-04-2013, 09:56 AM
Thanks, glad you like them. mountaingoat.