PDA

View Full Version : Water seeping in CVT housing

Bigfoot
09-04-2013, 06:32 PM
I am asking for some help from forum members with an issue I have with my 2012 825i. I recently purchased some property where the water occasionally floods out in the roadway. While attempting to cross the first time, my belt got wet, and Gator not go. The water is only up just below floorboards, and no where near the air breather intake for the transmission. I am easing into the water. No splashing.
Took to shop, had inner and outer housing gaskets replaced, same thing happened again. Took to shop 2nd time and JD replaced entire housing. Still leaking water in housing any time water gets up high enough to enter the clutch/transmission housing.
It is back in shop for the 3rd time in the last 2 months. I can run a water hose in the CVT intake and the water just pours out near the inner housing- rear engine mating area.
JD says they do not know what to do. Never seen this happen before.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback if anyone has any ideas or have had a similar issue.

Chris
North Alabama

Dane
09-05-2013, 08:15 AM
Do you know if they replaced the gasket between the inner housing and the engine?

Bigfoot
09-05-2013, 08:29 AM
Yes, the last 2 times. Lastly with entire new housing.

dieselsmith
09-05-2013, 08:33 AM
That seal between engine and housing went bad on mine. Did the same thing but it fixed it. You could hear the water sloshing around in the housing.

Bigfoot
09-05-2013, 08:51 AM
That is exactly where the water is coming in, but I don't know why they can't seem to get it to seal off. Mechanic added some type of sealant along gasket the last time.

gatorman30
09-05-2013, 03:13 PM
There is a drain plug on the bottom of the inner housing. You have to take the skid off to see but mud build up pushed mine out

Bigfoot
09-05-2013, 05:10 PM
I found the drain. It was one of my first possibilities to check for the water entering. I can access mine through a small hole in the skid plate.

DIXIEDOG
09-06-2013, 07:15 AM
I have no ideas but on my 2012 825i I've gone through a fair bit of water since we've had so much rain this year and water up to the floorboards was the norm a lot of time and I haven't had any belt slipping issues due to water. I don't know what's wrong with your Gator but it's definitely not normal.

Bigfoot
09-06-2013, 04:28 PM
I talked to the dealer this evening and was told they had requested a DTAC. I hope a solution is found. It's almost time to prepare food plots. They have had it in shop for a total of about 5 weeks of the last 2 months.

Thanks to everyone on the forum for your suggestions and experiences.

Dane
09-06-2013, 08:28 PM
In the shop 5 weeks out of 8 really hurts. I hope they get it straightened out for you soon. I just spent a few days putting up stands and clearing shooting lanes. Impossible to do if you have to walk and carry tools the olde fashioned way. Once you're used to loading up the Gator and going to work it's hard to go back.