PDA

View Full Version : New John Deere Gator parts site

GatorOwnerx4
09-17-2013, 10:47 AM
I just received my monthly newsletter from my online dealer. They have re-done their site (which I very much like)!

John Deere Gator Parts (http://www.greenfarmparts.com)

Bunky
09-17-2013, 11:39 AM
I had visited the site previously and definitely much improved.

purplewg
09-17-2013, 12:19 PM
Wow, John Deere carpet cleaner. I can't find any carpet on my tractor or in my Gator.:BG:

abango
09-29-2013, 05:33 PM
Took my RSX 850i in cause the emergency brake broke. It was still under warranty so no big deal. They said they have had quite a few come back for the same thing. Why don't they just come with a Park on the transmission? Also, had them change my oil for the first and last time, it had 400 miles so I wanted to get the first one out of the way. $170 for 4 quarts of oil and a filter. My diesel truck holds 15 quarts and it only cost me $55. I'll be doing my own oil changes from now on.

Bunky
09-29-2013, 06:36 PM
Wow. The oil and filter from a JD is around $25 or so plus the fiter wrench is under $10. I wonder what their hourly rate is?

I did look at the Fram/Purolator filters and the JD seems to an anti-drain back valve so I will stick with the JD.

FamilyGator
11-12-2013, 10:23 PM
Great online company, ordered from them once and had a great experience.

Z15
11-13-2013, 06:50 AM
$170 for 4 quarts of oil and a filter. My diesel truck holds 15 quarts and it only cost me $55. I'll be doing my own oil changes from now on.
Many powersports dealers see you as nothing more than money in the bank.

I had recent customer tell me when he bought his 2013 Polaris Ranger 900 the dealer really pushed service and even insinuated his warranty would be void if they did not bring it back to them for a 25 hr check up and lube change. So he dropped it off for the 25 hr service paranoid about his warranty and when he went to get it they gave him a bill for over $300. He was shocked, he just paid them $13,000 for the SxS a few months prior. 4 qts of lube and a oil filter, rest was all labor for check-up. Said he asked them why so much and never got an answer.

If you are a person who cannot do the maintenance yourself its going to cost you a lot of $$ following the owners manual and dealer suggested maintenance if you have them do it.