PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again 550 S4

vanderrt
09-30-2013, 08:54 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had the primary and secondary Clutch replaced and it worked great but yesterday it started again. It's sticking in reverse and/or forward after running it for a lenth of time. It will shift if turned off or it's cool. Once the transmission becomes warm it stops working correctly. Has anyone else faced this problem after the clutch has been replaced.

FamilyGator
09-30-2013, 10:00 PM
Same issues, feel your pain on this frustration! Dealer still is not totally on board with my issues. Hopefully this week it will be addressed.

It's a great machine but it has some new model kinks that need to be addressed to make it awesome.

Sorry for your issues and hope they can be resolved quickly.

vanderrt
10-16-2013, 08:24 AM
My dealer said I was the first returning comlpaint. He wants me to spray all the linkage cables. I looked and they appear to be incased in plastic so I sprayed the ends hope it helps!!!

vanderrt
02-10-2014, 09:20 AM
Just to let everyone know my 550 S4 is shifting very smoothly with new longer transmission belt change. Adjusting the linkage fixed the 4WD problem. I'm once again a happy Gatorer :o) You know JD makes a good product but the 550 was a new less expensive way of enjoying off roading. It does have some bugs but JD and Gulf Tactor have bent over backwards to fix them. Anyway in my case they have.