PDA

View Full Version : Cab Pictures of John Deere RSX 850i

MN.RSX850i
10-12-2013, 08:02 PM
Thought I would post a few pictures of our (wife informed me:FX:) RSX 850i cab as there wasn't much information or pictures even from our dealer. We kind of purchased it somewhat blind and hope these pictures will help others with there decision. 27232724272527262727

MN.RSX850i
10-12-2013, 09:07 PM
The cab definitely cut down on the dust but when we were out in a 75 degree day it did get warm inside. The side mirrors from John Deere were useless mounted on the front roll bars (windshield area). It would be better if mounted on the doors themselves (higher) but I am not ready to start drilling holes in the doors yet:Cnfsd:. We ended up buying a rear view mirror from Fleet Farm for $40.00 and am very happy with it, also bought a cheap 12 volt oscillating fan. The horizontal silver bar on the inside works as a real nice arm rest:Ysnd: and the inside door handle is towards the front on the same bar. The door windows slide open with the opening in the rear, I think it would of been nicer to have the opening in the front. I would of liked the air intake tube inside the cab maybe with some future fabrications. The cab doesn't seal 100 % but not bad, 2728will buy foam for stuffing in small air leaks. This cab list for $3,000 and we ended up paying about $2,450:hdscrh: way to expensive but would I do it again. Yes! Waiting for the snow, shouldn't be to long.
Have a Great Day:Seya:

plateauman57
10-13-2013, 10:37 AM
Nice. Did that price include the glass windshield or did you already have that?

MN.RSX850i
10-13-2013, 11:26 AM
We had the windshield and roof, your basically buying back panel, doors, vent windows, and hardware. Crazy $ for this! We were told the sport roof would not work with this cab. Hopefully the RSX will start good and go through snow in our Minnesota winters?

BillT
10-14-2013, 02:43 PM
MN.RSX850i, Please let us know how this works out. A fully enclosed cab is great idea, especially in your area. :Ysnd:

Richard Clark
11-13-2013, 04:05 PM
MN.RSX850i: I am thinking about buying the cab you have, questions please:
1) How hard to take off and on? Time wise? Effort? Weight?
2) Is it totally free of the front windshield, what I mean is does it attach anyhow to the original glass windshield (with wiper) that I have?
3) How noisy is it inside?
4) Anything else you can tell me, since you have owned it for a while.

Many thanks
Richard Clark

MN.RSX850i
11-13-2013, 10:10 PM
Hi Richard, Had it out in 20 degree weather it was nice.
1) Wouldn't think it would take 2 hours to remove. Basically clamps and plastic push pins. I also thought of taking the doors off in the summer but being they seal the dust quite well I might just take the door windows out instead.
2) I have the same windshield as yours and it is completely separate of the cab. There are 2 small vent windows installed just behind the lower part of the windshield.
3) It seems noisy at first but you get used to it and I don't even notice it after. We still talk easily while driving. We will try some sound insulating in the spring.
4) It dosen't seal like a car door but it helps. Nice for Dust. Would do it again. I put some foam insulation to plug some air leaks around the cowl area which helped a lot. Thinking of a heater but not a priority.
Good luck with your decision:Ysnd: Gary

Richard Clark
11-15-2013, 08:27 AM
Gary: Thanks for the reply, I am going to order one on Monday.

Again many thanks
Richard Clark

Blazer
12-08-2013, 11:18 AM
I am interested in the rear panel. Is that a John Deere part? And if so what is that part number?
I have a windshield and roof ordered and would like to do the back window/panel also. And like mention in the first post the dealer doesn't seem to have the info and pictures of a lot of RSX stuff.
Thanks in advance!