PDA

View Full Version : Officially A New Gator Owner!

GGB
11-01-2013, 10:52 PM
Well, as of today I'm officially a Gator owner. Can't say enough good things about my dealer in Lawrence, Kansas, who worked with me to make sure I would be happy with my new machine. And thanks to those of you who responded to my question about wiring for lights.

Part of my decision was helped by along by having run my nephew's 825i up at our farm. His has the poly roof but no windshield or doors. And his doesn't have power steering.

So, I got my XUV 825i with power steering, deluxe cab, doors, mirrors, high back sport seats, front work lights, factory blade (full hydraulic), markers, deflector, shoes and poly blade. Decided that I was ready to stay out of the wind in the winter! I'm ordering seat covers next week, but still trying to decide about rear lights. Depending on how good the front work lights are, I may buy some LED's for the front and move the front lights to the back. We'll see......I'm still looking for an LED map light on a flexible wand for the cigarette lighter that I remember seeing somewhere but can't recall now, instead of the factory interior light. And I'm still looking at sprayers for killing thistles at the farm. I need something with a boom and wand for spot
spraying those and other weeds. At my age I can't keep up with weeds with just a shovel. If I've gotta get older, I otta get smarter!

Anyway, I'm glad to be here on this site as another proud Gator owner.

GGB

Bunky
11-02-2013, 07:03 AM
Congratulations !

Dane
11-02-2013, 08:01 AM
Wow, you are loaded up. I bet your nephew is going to be jealous when he drives yours.

Post a picture of your new Gator when you get a chance. I'm curious to see the plow.

Welcome to the JD Gator Forum.

GGB
11-02-2013, 09:30 AM
Yeah, my nephew is also excited to see it. He already wants us to take our Brides out to our condo in Red River, NM to do some trail riding. There are some gorgeous rides out there that are not too harsh-after all, we wouldn't want to hurt our Gators!

I'll get some pictures when the blade (and doors) get in. For the first time in a while, I'm looking forward to seeing snow. But first, I need to get the sprayer for one last round of killing thistles. Sure will be nicer than pulling a trailer sprayer around in the pastures.

GGB

Welcome to the JD Gator Forum.[/QUOTE]

Destiny creek
11-02-2013, 11:28 AM
How does the hydraulics work is it a 12 volt pump or a pump run by the engine??

GGB
11-02-2013, 01:08 PM
The JD blade I'm getting is electric over hydraulic, not a pump.

GGB

Destiny creek
11-02-2013, 04:49 PM
The JD blade I'm getting is electric over hydraulic, not a pump.

GGB
Thanks enjoy your new machine

Mule
02-13-2014, 06:55 PM
I am new to the forum, but ordering my 4th gator in the next few days. 825i, power steering, camo, power dump. Great ride