PDA

View Full Version : Long Range Light Kit

Aaron G
11-21-2013, 11:01 AM
Anyone have thoughts / experience with the long range light kit from JD?? These would be the bottom lights installed in the bumper....I have HID fog lights I'm going to install this weekend but was also considering this kit....anyone have any experience with it?

ekrauska
11-21-2013, 12:55 PM
I have them on mine and really like them. Very impressive amount of light comes out of those things. Wish they were up higher though so they could be used when plowing snow in the dark.

Destiny creek
11-21-2013, 01:05 PM
I like mine they throw a light beam a long way
GO BRONCOS

Aaron G
11-21-2013, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the replies guys...how were they to install?? Instructions come with them....not the greatest at electronics

Bunky
11-21-2013, 06:47 PM
This is what you get...These are are on long term want list.

http://angphoto.smugmug.com/Detailing/ANG-Gallery/i-M35X5FW/0/X3/BM23120-X3.jpg

kinzepower
11-21-2013, 07:11 PM
Are they OK for road travel?
Do they shine in oncoming traffic?

ekrauska
11-22-2013, 09:38 AM
you will blind oncoming traffic with those.

g8erh8er
11-22-2013, 01:32 PM
This is what you get...These are are on long term want list.

Bunky, I don't think the OP is referring to those. He's interested in the bumper cover light kit (BM24090). At least that's what I think since he typed "the lights installed in the bumper".

EDIT - Woops, I guess those are the ones. I didn't recognize them with the brackets on them.

I want to get them as well but at close to $200 it seems a little steep.

Bunky
11-22-2013, 03:14 PM
Yes. From my experience in night driving (something I really do not do), they are really seem too low for uneven ground but I need something to fill those holes and add some bling.

Aaron G
11-22-2013, 03:51 PM
Thanks guys...picked them up today...hopefully install isn't too hard

Bunky
11-22-2013, 06:22 PM
Please post and update on the installation process.

Aaron G
11-23-2013, 11:38 PM
Okay so I managed to get the lights installed and wiring ran but the lights don't work. Is the only wiring that needs to be hooked into the existing wiring is the Red/black connector?? I ran the orange / yellow to the switch and installed the relay but the lights don't come on.....am I missing something?? There are a couple of connectors not used on this new wiring, correct?? I assume they are for some add ons later or do they need to be connected?

Need some advice

VictoriaFarm
03-27-2014, 10:00 AM
Aaron G, I see that no one has replied in a while so I am assuming that you got your lights working.

I have a comment that I have not seen anyone comment on these lights. Have you noticed when you are using the lights that each light puts out a beam pattern that is vertical? It looks like two cats eyes. I spoke with Hella, the maker of the lights, and they stated that these lights are not supposed to be mounted on their sides as the JD brackets do. I spoke to JD about this and they said they would look into it. That was a year ago. I will admit that I have been to lazy to fabricate a bracket that will rotate the lights 90 degrees. I vow to do it this weekend. Once complete the light pattern will be horizontal and very wide across the horizon.