PDA

View Full Version : Could use some tire advice.

GATORaide
01-04-2014, 07:50 PM
Have a 825i S4 wanting new tires. Found some locally EFX Motoclaw 27x10x14 8 ply. I have a leveling kit in front, clearance should not be a problem. My concern is that there weight is 35lbs. Is that going to create a huge power loss?? I have the Anclas now there about 20lbs so really just gaining 60 more lbs right???

g8erh8er
01-05-2014, 02:01 AM
I wouldn't give it a second thought. I added a heavy duty bed mat that weighs aprox. 70 lbs with no discernible difference in power/acceleration, granted I only have the two seater.

Other thing to consider when adding unsprung weight is ride quality, but this is probably more applicable to a car that's going to be traveling over bumps at faster speeds than a Gator typically would be.

Dane
01-05-2014, 09:37 AM
Those are some wicked looking tires.

If you had a 550 I would be concerned with power and getting all that extra mass spinning but in the 825 you might not notice unless you do some timed runs before and after to compare.

jcummins
04-07-2016, 07:56 PM
Have a 825i S4 wanting new tires. Found some locally EFX Motoclaw 27x10x14 8 ply. I have a leveling kit in front, clearance should not be a problem. My concern is that there weight is 35lbs. Is that going to create a huge power loss?? I have the Anclas now there about 20lbs so really just gaining 60 more lbs right???

Did you get these tires? I'm do for a new set of tires on an 855D and have interest in these tires...in fact wanting to go to same size tire all around. Did you do that?, and was it an issue?