PDA

View Full Version : New to the group. . . . . Hello Everyone

hoosiervet
01-22-2014, 10:55 AM
I would like to introduce myself and not sure what I'm doing but may as well give it a shot. My name is Bill, born and raised in Indiana, bought my very first Gator or anything like it last year. It is a 2013 825i with factory cab no doors, bought deluxe light kit, want do more with the lights later. Thought I may even want to buy the doors and put a heater in it and install a BOSS snow plow this next year. I just retired from the State of Indiana (INDOT) has a Dsitrict Fleet Manager this past December, the 27th in fact after 33 years and 6 months. I have around 4 1/2 acres w/acre pond to roam around on and the Gator has been fun and saved me a lot of wheel barrel work and etc. I also have an older Corvette that I like to drive on small trips and hope to now that I've retired either be in the Gator or Corvette more often. By the way my Corvette is a 2000 Coupe with a 6-Speed manual transmission and love driving it and shifting it to me is half the fun, believe me there were times I wished I had an automatic when stuck in traffic but 94.7% of the time I love shifting it, must be a control thing who know's :Cnfsd:

At anyrate I did a kind of dumb thing, I ordered my Gator without power steering and wish now I hadn't. It can not be added later per the dealer, thought when I bought it he said it could but wouldn't swear to this in a court of law. Been looking at the EZ-Steer after market unit is there anyone that has installed one of thiese that I could bounce some questions and concerns off of? Also if anyone has the glass doors or know where I could get a good deal on them I would be interested also, maybe even a heater, not in love with the factory heater for these but to get defrost and etc. may be the easiest, but thought I would look into adding my own design too. .. Not sure what I want to do here yet.

Thanks,
-Bill

MBDiagMan
01-22-2014, 11:29 AM
Welcome Hoosier!

I too am a manual transmission lover. I had an '88 manual transmission Vette for 19 years. Sold it last Summer after replacing it with a manual transmission Mercedes SLK.

I have had my 2013 825i for a little over a year and have enjoyed it as well as getting lots of good work out of it. To be honest, I really don't understand the need for power steering.

Congratulations on your retirement. I'm 64 and it's looking as if my job might be eliminated in the next month or two. I might be joining you sooner than I had planned. Might be a blessing in disguise though.

Again, welcome and keep us posted on things.

Destiny creek
01-22-2014, 11:29 AM
WELCOME TO THE FORUM

Check out this heater just got one myself nice unit.and way less money then the dealer
You can find it at [url]www.utvpartsandaccessories.com
Also this power steering thread
http://www.johndeeregatorforum.com/forum/showthread.php?14238-John-Deere-RSX850i-EZ-Steer-Power-Steering-Install-SuperATV&highlight=Power+steer

Or this one
http://www.johndeeregatorforum.com/forum/showthread.php?14051-Power-Steering-options-for-825i&highlight=Power+steering
GO BRONCOS