PDA

View Full Version : Jerking out Yellow Bells

vanderrt
05-20-2014, 08:01 AM
My 550 S4 was running well so I decided to pull out some Yellow Bells that had curly leaf. I didn't know much about the plant and I had no idea what would happen. I hooked up a 3/4" nylon rope to the new hitch I got for Christmas and tied a Bowline, known from Boy Scout Tender Foot days, in the other end. I threw a loop around the plant and told my wife to gun it. The Yellow Bell stopped my 550 in it's tracks. I told my wife to put in low range, 4wd, with the differential locked and try again. The earth around it moved 3 more trys and it was out. The plants were 15 years old and had 4' tap roots that were 4" through. I was posted these pictures. I'm amazed what the little Gator can do with only a 16HP Vanguard engine.

Dane
05-20-2014, 09:32 AM
The 550 has enough power for everything I need. After an ice storm this winter I was pulling downed trees out of the pond. Going uphill and dragging a tree it had enough power to spin three tires. And that was probably the only time I wish I'd had a locking front differential.