PDA

View Full Version : clack in transmission

karterfarm747
05-27-2014, 09:46 AM
I've got a 2013 825i and it's had a bunch of little problems. Had to bring it in 3 times for clunking in yhe front end ended up being ball joints started at about 15 hours on machine. The machine binds quite a bit in 4wd and pulls to one side. Is reset by putting in reverse then I can drive normally in 4wd. The bed lift quit on me. Ended up getting unplugged. The shift linkage needs to be adjusted, it's kind of hard to get into reverse sometimes. My fuel pump is almost as loud as the engine. But the clacking that occurs sometimes and the way that it jerks into drive seems not right. I was told that was normal with a roller roating and taking up slack as the clutches take hold.

has anyone had this clacking issue or had this many things going on. I've got 276 hours and use it on a small farm. I'm new to this forum so go easy on me

thanks in advance, Lee

Z15
05-28-2014, 06:39 AM
When 4wd is used on a high traction surface, the higher traction levels will create more binding and noise in the driveline. The only place to compensate for this binding is between the contact patch of the tires and the ground.

duling
05-28-2014, 10:38 AM
If I shift into any gear when the rpms are over 1200 the tranny will hammer into gear so as long as i shift below that i've never had an issue. Have also had the binding issue when backing up in 4WD. i read on this forum to never cut the wheels hard when backing up in 4WD or you will shatter your CVs. i have used the sh^t out of my gator plowing snow and rarely use 4WD and when i do i rarely cut the wheels hard and haven't had any issues with binding since. Simply amazing what these machines will do. Love my Gator!

karterfarm747
05-28-2014, 12:18 PM
Thanks all. Still though the abrupt clutch take up and clank and jerk has been the biggest headache. I pretty much use it everyday so it kind of wears on me.
I have to agree that the machine is awesome I use it in all conditions and it is a tank!

if anyone has any suggestions on the clutch take up that would be great.
Thanks Lee

Bunky
05-28-2014, 12:21 PM
I rarely use 4WD now. I realized I did not need it on my trails.

karterfarm747
05-28-2014, 07:07 PM
I've been stuck three times! Once the frame rests on mud or snow it's time to get the tractor. I've got every option but a winch

duling
05-29-2014, 07:14 AM
The winch is almost as important as tires! I've only been stuck once when a mudhole was significantly deeper than i thought and had to kill the engine to keep from ruining it. Used the winch and headed home. If you are high centering a lot there is a cheap lift kit that will let you run 28's i think. Search the thread on here. The guy's machine looks awesome!

karterfarm747
05-29-2014, 08:01 PM
Sure thing. So does anybody have the transmission problem I'm having. Abrupt clutch take up and clack?

Dlauffenburger
06-05-2014, 06:08 AM
Sure thing. So does anybody have the transmission problem I'm having. Abrupt clutch take up and clack?

I concur with Duling, if I shift into gear with the RPMs above 1100 I get a clank in the tranny. Try letting the engine idle down below 1100 rpms before shifting and your clank will probably disappear. Additionally, if you are trying to shift between H and L range with the vehicle moving you will get a clank, the transmission is not a synchronized design you have to stop before shifting gears.

karterfarm747
06-05-2014, 06:44 AM
This abrupt take up, jump and clack is while in drive either h or l with start stop applications- fencing, feeding and the like.

I concur with Duling, if I shift into gear with the RPMs above 1100 I get a clank in the tranny. Try letting the engine idle down below 1100 rpms before shifting and your clank will probably disappear. Additionally, if you are trying to shift between H and L range with the vehicle moving you will get a clank, the transmission is not a synchronized design you have to stop before shifting gears.