PDA

View Full Version : Parking break issue

plateauman57
05-27-2014, 11:11 PM
In the last few months when I would go to engage my parking break occasionally the pedal would not catch and just spring back up. After another try or two it would always catch. A couple of weeks ago for two days it would not catch at all. Now it catches but is not holding the machine at all. Has anyone had a similar problem or have any suggestions for me to try. It doesn't feel like the cable is broken but again it doesn't keep the machine from rolling at all. Thanks in advance.

plateauman57
06-15-2014, 11:55 AM
Well my cable was broken where it connects to the parking break. I ordered a new one and my wife picked it up for me yesterday. As soon as I saw it I was pretty sure it was not the correct one and this morning I took my old one off and I was right. The old one is am143573 and they gave me am145186. This is the second time in the last two months they have given me the wrong part. I guess from now on take my old part with me or go somewhere else. I should insist they pay for my gas for this second 40 mile round trip.

plateauman57
06-16-2014, 11:14 PM
Well, it wasn't the wrong cable afterwards, it's a replacement.....and it's about two feet longer than the one that came off of it. Went to the service dept and they printed out instructions with pictures that shows you how to route it. Go figure.

Dane
06-17-2014, 06:13 AM
Did you get it installed? Was it much trouble?

---
I'm curious to open up my parking brake housing. There are two cables going to it and I'm really curious about the second one. The one from the parking brake pedal is easy to figure out but the one from the 4wd lever has me baffled.

plateauman57
06-17-2014, 10:31 PM
Did you get it installed? Was it much trouble?

---
I'm curious to open up my parking brake housing. There are two cables going to it and I'm really curious about the second one. The one from the parking brake pedal is easy to figure out but the one from the 4wd lever has me baffled.

It wasn't easy to install but I got it done. I needed three hands and for all of them to be smaller but I finally got it done with my two big hands. Hmmmm, I only have one cable going from my pb pedal to the housing.

ttstockdogs
08-27-2014, 10:31 AM
I had the spring that holds the locking mechanism break and 2 cables as well. I try not to stomp on the pedal now!