PDA

View Full Version : Fox shock question

Zephyr74
07-23-2014, 08:08 PM
I recently put on my FOX Shox I had purchased for the 825i. I just took it out for a little trail ride and I notice a "click" noise coming from each shock as it starts to compress. All I have to do is lean on the front bumper and I can hear a click or pop sound made from each shock up front. I put my hand on the spring and I can feel that the sound is coming from the the shock its self not another part of the gator. The rears have a little pop to them but the front is way more obvious. Is this normal? Can someone try their's and see if there is a pop or click when the shock is started to be compressed? Maybe I have the preload adjusted wrong.

Thanks,

Zephyr74
07-24-2014, 01:47 PM
Anybody out there have any suggestions??

Thanks

Zephyr74
08-08-2014, 02:30 AM
Well, I solved the clunking sound. I spoke with fox and they gave me one possible solution before I had the send them to them for repair. They emailed me detailed instructions, if you need them. The noise was coming from the bottom of the shock. I took the bolt out that mounts the shock to the A-arm. Then I used a drift punch to lightly tap out the reducer from the inside. The reducer is two pieces that comes out on each side. I then used a screwdriver to move the sphereical bearing around and used white lithium grease from a tube to lubricate it. It was really stiff when trying to move it around and it made the noise I had been hearing. I then installed the reducers and put the bolt back in the shock....and the noise was GONE!

I did ths fix to all 4 shocks. I spoke with the Fox rep who said that this was probably because the shocks sat for a few years before being installed.

ANyways, the shocks are awesome!

osiris
08-08-2014, 07:23 AM
did u get the shocks from the dealer or did u find a decent price online? ive always thought about them but thats about it

DIXIEDOG
08-08-2014, 07:48 PM
Another source would be great, the dealer is proud of them for sure.

Zephyr74
08-09-2014, 02:04 AM
did u get the shocks from the dealer or did u find a decent price online? ive always thought about them but thats about it

My understanding is ONLY the dealership sells these. After speaking to FOX, Fox makes these shocks for JD and then sends them to JD. JD then puts their own brackets with shocks to make them compatible for the gator. I bought mine from another user on this forum.

pahawi
08-09-2014, 06:01 AM
Whats to gain by adding Fox's and whats the price?

Thanks.

Paul

DIXIEDOG
08-09-2014, 10:58 AM
The Fox will provide better dampening that won't fade like the regular shocks....situations like washouts or dry beds are where the Fox suspension will shine. Not positive on current costs but when I checked the year I bought my 825i it was a $1600 cost :OhNoes:

pahawi
08-09-2014, 02:30 PM
The Fox will provide better dampening that won't fade like the regular shocks....situations like washouts or dry beds are where the Fox suspension will shine. Not positive on current costs but when I checked the year I bought my 825i it was a $1600 cost :OhNoes:

Wow, for $1600 I really hope they make a difference :-)

In regard to shocks - wish someone would would invent an Electric powered adjustable shock kit for the rears..... :-)