PDA

View Full Version : Have you had cliutch isssues? Yes or No.

Bunky
08-09-2014, 06:34 AM
This is a poll of members that have had clutch issues. To make this more relevant, people who have not had clutch issues should respond.

Dane
08-09-2014, 10:00 AM
I think it would be helpful for those with trouble to state what problems they've had. For mine it has always been drive clutch disengagement. If the clutch does not fully open/disengage at idle then the transmission cannot shift which seems to be a common complaint.

osiris
09-13-2014, 10:06 AM
For mine it has always been drive clutch disengagement. If the clutch does not fully open/disengage at idle then the transmission cannot shift which seems to be a common complaint.

thats what ive had a problem with

MBDiagMan
09-13-2014, 01:55 PM
I really don't know how I missed the first time around. I am in Texas and voted yes.

i would really like for those who voted to indicate if they are in a cool or warm climate. I feel somewhat confident that warm weather owners will be much more likely to experience clutch trouble.

emnesto
09-13-2014, 05:08 PM
Voted yes. Had clutch disengagement issues. I'm in a warm climate (Arkansas).

hdeagle
09-14-2014, 08:21 PM
Voted no, live in New Mexico very close to El Paso Texas. Very warm.

JJ825i
09-15-2014, 06:28 AM
voted no, live in southern Ontario Canada, 2011 825i with 2500km on it

JL825i
09-25-2014, 02:17 PM
Yes I have. Last year my gator was hard to shift. You would think the lever would break off when shifting. It turns out the clutch was stuck. I had it changed and got John Deere to pay for half the cost. The total cost of clutch replacement was $710. I got John Deere to refund me $412 of the $710. It is now one year later and yesterday I notice the same problem. It is hard to shift in and out of neutral or any other gear. The clutch is stuck again. I posted a comment on this a while back and did not get any responses. I was trying to see if anyone else were having the same problem. I wanted John Deere to make a recall or at least replace the clutches or look into making design changes. Everyone I talked to personally were having these issues. Last year when I got the clutch replace the dealer told me to drive the gator at different speeds so the clutch will not stick again. I found out yesterday that John Deere does not make the clutches for the gators. Team After Market (1-218-844-3283), makes the clutches. I called them and they said they have not heard of any problems like that but said it could happen. They told me to pull the clutch, unstick the clutch and put the clutch back on. I would need to drive the gator in low range so the shaft on the clutch would move in and out more since I don't drive the gator at different speeds. Please everyone respond because I have talked too to many people for this not to be a problem. It is just no one has said anything to John Deere or Team After Market about these problems.

MBDiagMan
09-25-2014, 08:05 PM
JL,

it it is highly likely that the wear buttons are too tight. What is the John Deere model number of your gator?

BTW, what climate are you in?

JL825i
09-26-2014, 01:18 PM
I am in Alabama. I don't know the model number off hand.

JL825i
09-26-2014, 01:30 PM
I am in Alabama. I have a 2011 825i. I don't know the model number of hand.

MBDiagMan
09-26-2014, 09:25 PM
Sorry JL. I didn't pickup on the 825i in your moniker. Your location and the time of year makes me almost certain that the wear buttons are too tight, causing the problem.