PDA

View Full Version : Fuel getting into Crankcase; HELP

jeff6566
01-27-2015, 08:47 PM
'O7 TS model, single cyl. FJ400D.

Soaked and cleaned carb.with new Needle under float. Float not cracked.

I can let it idle for 5 mins. and it fills crankcase with Gas. What else can I check? If I need a carb , is there and aftermarket?

Thanks

Dane
01-28-2015, 12:27 PM
Make sure the float is adjusted properly. Usually, with the carburetor held upside down the float should be parallel to the bowl's mounting flange. You may also need to replace the needle valve seat. But before going to all that trouble I'd take the bowl off and gently hold the float in the up position and try starting the engine (to operate the fuel pump) and see if the fuel is indeed being stopped by the float valve.

jeff6566
01-28-2015, 01:48 PM
Make sure the float is adjusted properly. Usually, with the carburetor held upside down the float should be parallel to the bowl's mounting flange. You may also need to replace the needle valve seat. But before going to all that trouble I'd take the bowl off and gently hold the float in the up position and try starting the engine (to operate the fuel pump) and see if the fuel is indeed being stopped by the float valve.

I check the float level as you described it is actually a little bit high opposite edge of the needle. Also pulled carburetor away from intake with fuel line connected and turned over engine no leaks no additional fuel coming out of throttle body.