PDA

View Full Version : Boss snow plow

J Grace
02-03-2015, 02:38 PM
Thinking of changing the snow plow from the J D straight plow to the a new Boss V plow,
Anyone using a poly plow blade vs the steel? A little lighter (75lbs.).

The J D system works fine but, would like it to be faster and cleaner for snow removal.

My J D dealer didn't sell Boss when I took delivery of the machine. 2011 - 855D.

Any thoughts?

duling
02-05-2015, 07:49 AM
I would say since you are in RI and probably get a load of snow the V-plow would pay for itself. I have the standard JD plow and it does quite well, I have considered the BOSS V many times but unless I pick up a couple more contracts I really can't justify the cost. IMO the BOSS is in a league of its own and from my years of reading this forum many other guys feel the same way.

J Grace
02-05-2015, 08:21 AM
I would say since you are in RI and probably get a load of snow the V-plow would pay for itself. I have the standard JD plow and it does quite well, I have considered the BOSS V many times but unless I pick up a couple more contracts I really can't justify the cost. IMO the BOSS is in a league of its own and from my years of reading this forum many other guys feel the same way.

Thanks for the reply.
Moving forward with the purchase of the Boss Plow and I am sure that someone will want the old J D system since it's in great shape.
It will help offset the more expensive Boss. Hopefully my Dealer can move it?

Just concerned with the additional weight of the Boss?

J Grace
02-05-2015, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the reply.
Moving forward with the purchase of the Boss Plow and I am sure that someone will want the old J D system since it's in great shape.

MADE THE DEAL!

Ordered the Boss Plow - also changing the front shocks to the Fox Racing heavy duty shocks (Part #BM23479)
which should help in additional front weight issue, Anyone have these shocks?

Thanks

gomeroh
04-08-2015, 08:29 AM
I have a 2011 825i with a Boss V plow, which is great BTW... my only issue is the weight. I set the front adjustable shocks to the heaviest setting and set 3 tractor weights in the bed to help compensate but it really needs a heavier suspension in the front. Did you get to use the new outfit much after you had the Fox Racing shocks installed? What do you think????

DIXIEDOG
04-10-2015, 08:35 PM
I also have a Boss V plow on my Gator 825i and after 2 seasons of use I've got to say I'm thoroughly impressed. I did not change my front suspension and it's worked pretty well, I do put 600 lbs in the bed so I'm sure that helps. The Gator moves an incredible amount of snow, I've plowed several 18"+ storms here in Maine and at least one 24"+ storm with no issues. It was strange though watching snow spill over the Boss V with as high as it is on the 24"+ storm :hsu:

RMOSSSO1
04-12-2015, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I could be interested in your old plow. You can PM me or tell me here. Price first and then we can talk about how to get it. I just bot a new 825i with power steering. Amazing how JD corrected the coasting problem also. Thanks, Rich

Rare1a1
04-12-2015, 07:23 PM
I could be interested as well, I'm working in Newport. The boss is probably overkill for me as I'm usually in maryland.

J Grace
04-17-2015, 11:48 AM
Yes, it's available and want to move it.
The unit is complete and like new condition.
Options:
Joy stick operation - shoes - poly cutting edge -snow deflector
Make me an offer. Cell Ph. (401) 539-4700
Thanks,
J Grace

J Grace
04-21-2015, 11:38 AM
i could be interested as well, i'm working in newport. The boss is probably overkill for me as i'm usually in maryland.

best time of year to purchase a j d snow plow !!!!!!!!!!!

Save big dollars - think snow.

Rare1a1
04-21-2015, 10:29 PM
Been meaning to call you, I'll try tomorrow!