PDA

View Full Version : DSCOVR Launch

WOEII
02-12-2015, 12:36 PM
SpaceX’s customer for the DSCOVR mission is the United States Air Force, in conjunction with NOAA and NASA. In this flight, the Falcon 9 rocket will deliver the DSCOVR satellite to a 187 x 1,241,000 km orbit at 37 degrees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl3x71-kJGM
:cool:

Dane
02-12-2015, 09:11 PM
I was in Orlando during the last night launch of the Shuttle. My room was on the top floor of the hotel and I got up in the middle of the night (my room faced the wrong way) and went to the end of the hall where the window faced the right way. I had the countdown going on my computer. At first I saw the glow on the horizon and after a bit I saw the rocket clear the horizon. Over the following minutes I saw the boosters drop off but the most amazing thing was watching the rocket rise... and then fall. It was still going up but I was actually watching something go around the planet. Oh, then I went back to bed.

WOEII
02-13-2015, 01:13 PM
I was in Orlando during the last night launch of the Shuttle. My room was on the top floor of the hotel and I got up in the middle of the night (my room faced the wrong way) and went to the end of the hall where the window faced the right way. I had the countdown going on my computer. At first I saw the glow on the horizon and after a bit I saw the rocket clear the horizon. Over the following minutes I saw the boosters drop off but the most amazing thing was watching the rocket rise... and then fall. It was still going up but I was actually watching something go around the planet. Oh, then I went back to bed.
Awesome! :Chers:
I try and see them every time they go up. I used to live year round in Clearwater. You can still see the candle. :Thmup:
Live tv for 50 seconds after liftoff and then walk outside and look NE. :lol: