PDA

View Full Version : Howdy!

Cozmo
02-23-2015, 05:51 PM
Hi everyone,
Just saying howdy from Austin TX. :Chers:

My wife and I bought a home on a few acres out in the Texas hill country. We will be moving out there soon. I'm going to purchase a Gator. I'm here to try and learn some about them.

htr4
02-24-2015, 01:33 AM
:Chers: Welcome! There's a lot of good info on here, and plenty of reading. Hope all is well down there in one of the warm states!

WOEII
02-24-2015, 12:25 PM
Welcome Cozmo :Chers: :cool:

There are some special edition Gators still out at the dealers. :lurk: :BG:

Cozmo
02-24-2015, 04:56 PM
I'm thinking about the RSX850i. That's a sexy machine. :cool:

WOEII
02-24-2015, 05:02 PM
I'm thinking about the RSX850i. That's a sexy machine. :cool:
Shes an rabid animal! :Ysnd: :lol:

Cozmo
02-24-2015, 05:04 PM
Shes an rabid animal! :Ysnd: :lol:

My wife's best friend lives about a mile down the road from our new house out in Kerrville. She's got an 825i. I like it but want to go a little faster. I think it'll be a blast to tool around on some trails on our land.

WOEII
02-24-2015, 07:56 PM
My wife's best friend lives about a mile down the road from our new house out in Kerrville. She's got an 825i. I like it but want to go a little faster. I think it'll be a blast to tool around on some trails on our land.
It will be and more! http://i.imgur.com/xzUQQ8B.gif

Skillet23
02-25-2015, 09:42 AM
Hi Cozmo,

I live in SE Texas (close to Beaumont) but hunt in the Hill Country (between Junction and Rocksprings). I have the 825i, my brother has a Rhino and our father has a Ranger. In my opinion, the 825i is the "tweener" of the bikes; meaning the Rhino is more for joy riding (smooth riding suspension, comfortable bucket seats but no load capacity), the Ranger is a workhorse (we have had 2000lbs. on this Ranger) but it if a VERY rough riding machine, and the Gator is the "tweener" - smooth ride, but can handle a load (had 1500lbs. on it).

As far as speed; my Gator will out run the Rhino (with the same size tires), but the Ranger will out run us both (same size tires). Of course, the only time we really put the speed thing to the test is when we run down the county road. Our lease is very rough, so to run it at around 10mph top speed is about it.

I have never been on the Gator RSX850i so can not help you with any comparisons. Good luck with whatever you decide on, I am sure you and your family will enjoy it.

David in TX

Cozmo
02-25-2015, 11:03 PM
Hi Cozmo,

I live in SE Texas (close to Beaumont) but hunt in the Hill Country (between Junction and Rocksprings). I have the 825i, my brother has a Rhino and our father has a Ranger. In my opinion, the 825i is the "tweener" of the bikes; meaning the Rhino is more for joy riding (smooth riding suspension, comfortable bucket seats but no load capacity), the Ranger is a workhorse (we have had 2000lbs. on this Ranger) but it if a VERY rough riding machine, and the Gator is the "tweener" - smooth ride, but can handle a load (had 1500lbs. on it).

As far as speed; my Gator will out run the Rhino (with the same size tires), but the Ranger will out run us both (same size tires). Of course, the only time we really put the speed thing to the test is when we run down the county road. Our lease is very rough, so to run it at around 10mph top speed is about it.

I have never been on the Gator RSX850i so can not help you with any comparisons. Good luck with whatever you decide on, I am sure you and your family will enjoy it.

David in TX

Thanks David,
I appreciate the info. A tweener works for me. :cool:

Harry Ferguson
03-04-2015, 10:37 AM
I can endorse the 825i as a good machine for farm and ranch work. Plenty of guts with adequate speed to keep up with 35mph road traffic when you need to. It has a 3cyl engine which is naturally smoother balanced than a twin. Like skillet23, I have not tried the 850, but it has a 90 degree twin built by Aprilia in Italy that is derived from the famous Ducati motorcycle engine. I am sure it is a faster machine but you might want to consider what the trade-offs are as far as work capability. Also ease of ingress / egress, you have to climb down into the 850, while with the 825 you just sit down and drive away.

Cozmo
03-09-2015, 06:31 AM
Thanks for the info. I drove a friends 825. It is a very nice machine.