PDA

View Full Version : Need help buying used

kathys
04-18-2015, 01:10 PM
I'm going to see a used John Deere Peg Perego Gator and tractor. They don't have batteries so I won't be able to see them running before I buy. Does anybody have any tips on things to look for to decide if they are worth buying. Thanks

Dane
04-18-2015, 05:26 PM
This a forum for the real, adult sized Gators.

I've helped several friends and family get used electric toy ones running. In most cases they just needed a battery and it's easy to hack them to use other battiers. Occasionally they might need a new connector or switch. As for what to look for... FREE! The ones my friends and family have gotten were all dfree for the taking. If it doesn't run it's destined for the curb so many people are just happy to find a home for it other than the garbage. So, if I have to go pick it up I wouldn't pay anything. Keep in mind it's just a plastic toy that doesn't work.

kathys
04-18-2015, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the reply. I realize this is for real gators but I did post my question on the toy sub-forum.

Dane
04-19-2015, 07:54 AM
I just wanted you to be aware that you might not get a ton of replies as most of our toys are larger.