08-17-2015, 01:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbMejLAMBIM
:jm:

kinzepower
09-14-2015, 09:28 PM
That was informative...??

Bunky
09-15-2015, 11:47 AM
Was there a problem trying to be address? I thought you could actually do it while in motion....

BillT
09-16-2015, 07:53 PM
You can engage it while in motion, but it is not advised to do so. Eventually you could have issues. You should always come to a full stop before engaging the 4 wheel drive or the locking differential or shifting the vehicle.

Always consider where you are riding & be prepared to stop & engage the four wheel drive before you actually need it & your problems will be minimal.

By the way, can anyone post a video showing how to engage the differential? That would be informative.

Bunky
09-17-2015, 11:33 AM
The owner's manual makes only one mention of when you should engage 4WD says do not do it when the wheels spinning but not moving (like stuck in mud) but it does have big warnings about engaging the limited slip at speeds greater 1/3 throttle.

RMOSSSO1
09-20-2015, 05:44 PM
If you have ever seen the inside of a transmission, then you know why not to engage while high rpm or moving. Why not just stop and do it carefully. So many "technicians" even think that you do not have to give an EFI engine a few seconds before you start. Perhaps I am wrong, but I say, turn the key on, wait till the pump is off, and then start. Same logic in changing to 4 wd or low gear.:Ysnd::Ysnd::Ysnd:

Bunky
09-21-2015, 12:30 PM
I do wait a few seconds after turning to switch to on before going to cranks. It starts reliably.

RMOSSSO1
09-24-2015, 09:57 AM
:cool::lol::cool: OLD ITALIAN IDIOM:

DO IT IN A HURRY, REPENT IN HELL...:Ysnd::Ysnd::Ysnd: