PDA

View Full Version : 2011 825i overheating

frevan
09-11-2015, 08:10 PM
I bought a 2011 825i last fall and now it's overheating. Only has 250 miles on engine. Put tracks and power steering on last winter and worked great. Got stuck in big hole and had to leave machine partially submerged until could get help to remove. Replaced drive belt that had burned off and everything seemed fine except it runs hot with little use. The temperature gauge runs to the max before fan kick in and cools it down. Did not do this before. Have bled cooling system and replaced antifreeze, replaced temperature sensor and still happening. Any one have any other suggestions. Also replaced thermostat.

flu_byu
01-08-2016, 11:36 AM
I have the same issue ,,,it started happening 2 weeks ago ,,,It goes all the way into black bars ,,but the overheat light doesn't come on ,,and the fan almost never kicks in ,,,I did change the thermostat senser and the relay ,,,,but im sure it isn't running hot ,,,cause my heater isn't throwing out a lot of heat when the heat gauge is loaded up ,,,,,not sure what to du now ,,check fuse and the ground I guess

Zephyr74
01-11-2016, 01:57 AM
I have the same issue ,,,it started happening 2 weeks ago ,,,It goes all the way into black bars ,,but the overheat light doesn't come on ,,and the fan almost never kicks in ,,,I did change the thermostat senser and the relay ,,,,but im sure it isn't running hot ,,,cause my heater isn't throwing out a lot of heat when the heat gauge is loaded up ,,,,,not sure what to du now ,,check fuse and the ground I guess

my 2011 just started doing same thing

swampdonkey11
03-25-2016, 01:30 AM
Few things I would check first off are if the rad is clear of obstructions and mud. Get in there and spray down rad to clear cooling fins. Also maybe a person could check that the water pump is working proper. Heater won't blow much heat if there isn't fresh heated coolant running through it.