PDA

View Full Version : Clanging noise on 2004 CX

frankg
11-10-2015, 06:55 AM
I bought this 2004 CX used with 907 hours on it about 18 months ago and now have 1255 hours on it. It has always made a clanging noise when moving and it gets louder as speed increases. I say clanging for lack of a better description but it sounds like something metal is loose in the engine/clutch area and vibrating or bouncing on something else metal. I have checked everything I can think of for loose bolts, etc but can't find anything loose. I installed a new belt which did improve shifting into forward or reverse but did nothing for the noise. Other than the noise the Gator starts, runs and drives fine. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks,
​Frank

Dane
11-10-2015, 08:19 PM
From your description of the sound it might be the spring in the driven/secondary clutch if you can't find another source like a heat shroud or bracket rattling. If it is the spring it doesn't hurt anything but it is annoying. It's a common problem on golf carts. While you're back there looking at the spring make sure the plastic wear buttons that contact the angled ramps are intact.

frankg
11-12-2015, 12:34 PM
Thanks Dane, I'll check it out.