PDA

View Full Version : Cracks in no scratch windshield

ThomasM
12-30-2015, 01:29 PM
This is my second 825i gator and both within the first 30 days, shows signs of cracking around the bolts that fold up for the vent area. John Deere replaced both with in the warranty period. Just wondered if anybody else has had the problem and any idea what may have caused the problem. These are expense windshield and should perform better.

Dane
12-30-2015, 02:08 PM
I've had my no scratch windshield for several years and still no sign of cracking and I've had it on and off the vehicle dozens of times so it's not had an easy life. I would assume there is something wrong with that batch of windshields or maybe with the installation on your vehicle. Do you notice any flexing or bending of the windshield when putting it on? Try checking the tightness of the mounting hardware. It can be snug but should not be really tight. You can also look at the holes and see if they are nice and clean and free of scratches or cracks. Plastic can be funny about being drilled and it's easy to introduce micro cracks or stress risers if it's not done properly, but that's a manufacturing problem that Deere should take care of.

jd.rasentrac
12-31-2015, 05:48 AM
Sounds like a vibration problem...