PDA

View Full Version : Should I Sell 825i and buy S4 825i??

Zephyr74
01-26-2016, 10:48 PM
I am in a dilemma! I currently own a 2 seater and I am thinking of selling it to buy the 4 seater for my kids. Or, do I buy a rear seat with roll cage from this website http://siorfi-utv.com for my two boys to ride with me? The benefits of this is that when my kids don't ride with me I can easily unbolt the seat and pull it out. However, it will be too small for them as they get older (they are 5 and 3 right now). I am original owner of a 2011 825i Camo with a ton of accessories and options added to it. I have 814 miles, 90 hours. I have done 3 oil changes so far on it. I have babied this thing, always in my garage. I have Warn 4500 winch, synthetic rope with remote. I have all the brush guard, fender guards and rear bumper also added. Floor mats, poly roof, windshield, rear window, cargo tool box, fuel/ water packs mounted, LED flood lights, double bed gun mounts. CV guards.

I would hate to see selling this 2 seater to buy the 4 seater....but I may have to.

Any thoughts?

BillT
01-26-2016, 11:40 PM
I don't own an S4 but, I assume you know that you can't move many of the JD accessories to the S4? The other thing to consider is: I know at least California has outlawed the aftermarket seats, does your state allow them? Will you be ticketed if encountered by law enforcement?

Check out Prowlerforums.net

(http://www.prowlerforums.net/forums/public-lands-advocacy/3034-no-more-rear-seats-california-new-law-ab1595.html)

Zephyr74
01-27-2016, 12:38 AM
Bill,

Great info! Thank you.I just looked up this AB 1595 and the amended AB 64. AB 64 was passed to allow machines manufactured prior to 1/1/2014 to allow seats in the bed with a roll cage.

So, now I am wondering if I should just buy a rear seat and cage and use it for a few years until the kids outgrow it. Most of the accessories will transfer over to a S4 as they are now. Not sure in the future.

duling
01-28-2016, 07:45 AM
I like that seat system! Never seen that before. With all the stuff you have on your gator you'll never get all the $$ back that you have in it. That seat system seems like a win, win in my opinion. Good luck.

jd.rasentrac
02-01-2016, 07:57 AM
I think, this system is only for kids. I like to see an adult sitting in the system - and I missed safty belts (maybe I'm blind...)

Zephyr74
02-13-2016, 02:45 AM
This system is only for kids, and it comes with 3 4pt. harnesses in the back.