PDA

View Full Version : Running same size tire all around.

jcummins
03-20-2016, 09:33 AM
Is anybody doing it? Have 27x9R14 front and 27x11R14 rear, time for new tires. Thinking of running 27x11R14 both front and rear. Using 27x10R14 is also a consideration.

Reason, so I can rotate the tires, get more even wear. Right now my fronts are wore considerably more than the rears.

Pros/cons. Steering issues? I have power steering. Clearance on the front?

duling
03-21-2016, 02:18 PM
I would guess you would have some clearance issues. If you have a leveling kit on that might help but without that I would be surprised if they didn't rub.

swampdonkey11
03-23-2016, 04:49 PM
Not too sure that the 11's would clear in front but 10's should no problem. Also have to take into consideration that the rear rims are offset differently than the fronts which would make machine look a bit goofy when it come time to put rears on the front.

jcummins
03-23-2016, 08:46 PM
Not too sure that the 11's would clear in front but 10's should no problem. Also have to take into consideration that the rear rims are offset differently than the fronts which would make machine look a bit goofy when it come time to put rears on the front.

That's screws that. So the only real way is after market rims....and I just don't want to go to the expensive. My fronts are wore so much more than the rears, I might just get new fronts, by the time they are wore out again, the rears will be gone.

200mph
03-24-2016, 10:03 AM
jcummns,

Just a thought...

If you are just trying to judge if it is possible, why not remove the rear tires and place up front to evaluate fitment/clearance? At least you would gain some perspective if it is possible before abandoning the idea.

jcummins
03-24-2016, 06:37 PM
jcummns,

Just a thought...

If you are just trying to judge if it is possible, why not remove the rear tires and place up front to evaluate fitment/clearance? At least you would gain some perspective if it is possible before abandoning the idea.

​Yes, I have thought of that, and it is on my list to try that.

bradhill
03-25-2016, 10:43 AM
​Yes, I have thought of that, and it is on my list to try that.

Please update this thread when you try, pictures would be great !!:cool::cool:

jcummins
03-25-2016, 07:00 PM
Please update this thread when you try, pictures would be great !!:cool::cool:

I will, but it will be a bit. Got numerous projects on the burner right now, but I will.

bradhill
03-26-2016, 01:44 PM
I will, but it will be a bit. Got numerous projects on the burner right now, but I will.

I understand Thank you !

jcummins
11-15-2016, 08:39 AM
For anyone interested.....I've done nothing on tires...fronts are now darn near smooth.

I finally checked moving rears to front...won't work. Rim offset on stock rims are different front to back, and it poses clearance problems.

SO...toying with idea of getting new bighorn tires, just for the front.