PDA

View Full Version : Transmission clanking / loud banging noise / jumping out of gear

pcbunn
03-19-2017, 07:20 PM
Near the 200 hour mark my 2011 Gator became impossible to shift from neutral to drive or reverse, bent shifter it was so hard. So sent to Santa Maria Cal Coast JD to have service and figure what was wrong with transmission. They performed some sort of upgrade and trans has worked ok until today when I was driving up slight hill and loud clanking and bucking started.Now has 230 hrs.I stopped and backed up a bit thinking maybe that would help and then tried to drive back home, got part way when it did the same thing again but finally made it home. I'll call the service dept tomorrow but was wondering if anyone else is having this problem. I pamper this Gator and do not work it hard, just use it to carry my tools to various parts of my property. Wondering if this is a common issue?

pcbunn
03-21-2017, 12:46 PM
Update; Service tech came by yesterday. Checked shifter mechanism, went for a ride to see if we could duplicate problem but no luck, everything worked normally. So suggested that I hadn't placed shifter in proper detent and caused trans to be between gears. Hope he is correct as was worried that trans was damaged. Will let him know if it happens again but hopefully will not.

pcbunn
04-02-2017, 01:23 AM
Second update; Sat, April 1st. Making sure that shift lever was properly located in detent, starting up slope with trailer attached jumped out of gear again. Jumps out of drive into neutral. Stopping and re shifting it into gear and it engages. Looks like I'm the only one experiencing this problem but would appreciate any advice if anyone has had anything like this happen to their 825. Will contact dealer next week to discuss.