PDA

View Full Version : 2011 825i !!

magpie74
06-06-2017, 05:51 PM
First time Gator owner so if my questions sound a bit basic, it's because I have zero experience with these machines. LOTS of automotive experience but these are a different beast for sure. I've been doing general cleanup and now have started with changing plugs, checking and topping off fluids and now I'd like to clean the radiator fins. The manual says to spray it with water from the inside !! Evidently, the writers of the manual never looked under the hood as they'd see no room for that tactic. I was thinking using a garden sprayer with soapy water and pump the pressure up midway and spraying from the front. Is the issue the electric fan or what's to hurt by using water from the front ??? I'd never use a hose as the pressure would flatten the fins obviously.
I've also got an interesting whine coming from the drive train when coasting down a hill in gear without touching the gas. Indicative of anything serious ?? More to follow !! TIA Craig

hillbillybubba
06-26-2017, 09:24 AM
The whine going down the hill is when the primary disengages from low rpms. If you keep the RPMs up a little(if you're able), it wont do that.