PDA

View Full Version : camo 825i arrived at the dealership

snowboss
08-22-2010, 01:40 AM
:BG: the 825i i ordered showed up friday afternoon and saturday I got to run a few hotlaps with it. I would have to say i was impressed at the smooth power and speed of the unit:cool: now I have to wait for them to install lights, turn signals, doors, winch, heater,stereo,roof lights,:TT: should be able to take it home this week. I will get some pics asap!!:Chers: :lurk:

WOEII
08-23-2010, 08:27 AM
Whoo Hooo! :Chers: Congrats man! :cool:
Can't wait to see it with all the bells and whistles! :OhNoes:

kinzepower
08-25-2010, 03:55 PM
I will be demoing one all this weekend on a atv run with aout 60 other machines...I will give a review next week.
I will no doubt be trading my current XUV diesel in on this.

snowboss
08-25-2010, 09:49 PM
Mine is still at the dealership as of thursday night, deere is still getting options shipped in along with a problem with the front drive shaft having what they are calling harmonic resonating, in other words even in neutral at about 2800 rpm the drive shaft makes a vibratory sounding hard to describe noise that quits when you grab hold of hit. :Wlys: they put in two different pillow block bearings on the shaft sent by deere engineers today and were testing it. I will find out tomorrow if it solved the problem.:jm: keep ya posted!:FX:

snowboss
08-25-2010, 09:52 PM
correction as of wednesday

snowboss
08-28-2010, 08:14 AM
update: new bearings did not do the trick, deere engineer was coming to dealership on friday to try to troubleshoot cause. bummer!!!!!

WOEII
08-28-2010, 12:00 PM
update: new bearings did not do the trick, deere engineer was coming to dealership on friday to try to troubleshoot cause. bummer!!!!!
Aww man! :Frn:

snowboss
08-28-2010, 12:50 PM
three people from deere came to look at the problem and they put on a complete different drive shaft and the noise went bye bye. so now just waiting for options to come in. I have had my own shop and equipment for years and i have never seen a drive shaft that was bad without even rotating. go figure!

Hunter825i
08-28-2010, 01:32 PM
Glad to hear all ended well. My 825 is due in friday and i'm kinda uneasy after reading your report. All of my options have been littering the john deere dealership floor for the last several weeks.

snowboss
08-28-2010, 05:21 PM
I think its just a freak thing. time will tell but driving it at the dealership i think the machine is pretty awesome. it was so smoth that the noise the shaft made was just not right.

snowboss
09-02-2010, 03:46 PM
camo 825i is still in the deere shop getting options installed. so far adventure lights, bumper cover lights, top lights front and back, hardware for door install is in place, switches in place with overhead switch cover hanging down, heater core installed part way and heater hoses laying on the floor.waiting for winch, stereo and deluxe light kit 4-way flashers and turn signals. I think the salesman went with the feb 2011 delivery date and did not order my options and that is why its collecting dust in the shop.:mad: today the guy that was working on it had to help out at the parts counter because of being a guy short. :hsu: I would not expect the machine this week anymore. :reye:

snowboss
09-27-2010, 04:26 PM
camo 825i pics :cool::Chers:

BarnDoor
10-03-2010, 01:10 AM
I've had a new shaft installed as well. Also never seen a driveshaft make noise while not spinning! All seems good now. Been a month without problems. The noise started 3 days after delivery. Sounded like a collapsed engine mount. I used my automotive lift to lift the gator up above my head with someone sitting inside revving the engine. I unfastened the shaft support bearing bolts 1/4 inch and when I lifted up on them the noise went away. This bearing is almost completely hidden from view inside the frame and does not have a grease fitting. I really wanted to pull the shaft myself, 4 support bearing bolts, a collar at each end, and a small cover in the front- remove to the rear. I didn't because of the warranty. I'm wondering if there was any grease in the original bearing.... All's good now and I FREAKING LOVE THIS MACHINE!!!