PDA

View Full Version : hello to all!

suwanneegator
07-06-2010, 10:01 PM
I just joined in after reading and following these forums for a while. I have been in the market for a utv and have not been able to finalize a decision on one. I like the support of my JD dealers (have previously purchased a 5103 w/loader, and an x300 lawn mower) because, they have stood behind their products well. So, the gator is at the top of my list. The xuv seems to be a durable machine that would have a long life. I have tried to wait for the new ones to come out but, got a call from rep today and he said "They have had a delay and shipments on the 2011 are going to be at best August". I was already a little leary purchasing a first year new model. I prefer to let the bugs get worked out for a while before I buy. This "what 4th delay" tends to make me wonder what problems they are having. I am about to make the puchase of a 2009 620i special edition midnight black. It certainly is a beautiful machine but is there any comments from the "peanut gallery" out there good or bad. I was leaning towards a diesel, will I be happy with this?

Thanks Dan

Kerry G
07-09-2010, 08:41 AM
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure WOEII will be able to help. WOEII006

suwanneegator
07-09-2010, 10:02 AM
Hi Kerry. Drove a used 620 yesterday and it seemed quite a bit louder and more clangey than the new one I tested a couple days earilier. As much as these thing cost I don't want it to feel cheap. I may hold out for the new diesel which is where I initially started. My dealer said he has not heard about any more delays and thinks he could have a diesel here by the 23rd.(probably a little optimistic) WOEII isn't yours an 850?
and whats up with all the little yellow and blue guys. This is a jd site shouldn't they be turning from orange and blue to green and yellow?

GATORDONE
07-09-2010, 10:19 AM
Diesel is usually louder than the gas unless it has the sport muffler on it. Also when you put the roof on it and a windshield it will be noisier in the cabin area. Mine had the sport muffler on it and it sounded mean but i ended up taking it off and putting on stock muffler because the noise drove me crazy,plus i couln't hear the radio.

WOEII
07-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Hi Kerry. Drove a used 620 yesterday and it seemed quite a bit louder and more clangey than the new one I tested a couple days earilier. As much as these thing cost I don't want it to feel cheap. I may hold out for the new diesel which is where I initially started. My dealer said he has not heard about any more delays and thinks he could have a diesel here by the 23rd.(probably a little optimistic) WOEII isn't yours an 850?
and whats up with all the little yellow and blue guys. This is a jd site shouldn't they be turning from orange and blue to green and yellow?
Welcomes man! :Chers:

Well I am not sure yet but I think it's the exact diesel engine that's going in the new ones. Mine is the 850D but on the block it's stamped .854. The new diesel XUV is badged as a 855D but the specs show a .854 engine again so it's :lurk: right now.

I love the diesels. Is it loud? Yes! :Rofl: It sounds like a bunch of marbles bouncing around in the engine but I love it! :BG:

As it is the gasers are quicker off the line and slow on the incline. Diesels have a much straighter line because of the torque of a diesel + the smell of diesel is awesome! :Rofl: :BG:

The smiley should be as green as my avatar! :Wlys: