PDA

View Full Version : Warn winch contactor installation Q's

Old Corps
01-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Hello. New guy here. I'm going to install a Warn RT40 winch on my new 825i. I'm having a problem figuring out where to locate the contactor/solenoid. I'm thinking about housing it in an outdoor electrical weather box (fits perfectly) for protection, and in the outside front of the passenger seat box with wires running under the console and into the battery box.

Two questions: How does the center console remove? Looks like might be snap-type fasteners, which are easy to break when you don't know how to release them.

Second Q: Does anyone have a photo of an XUV with a winch contactor location? Would be helpful.

Thanks.

Old Corps

ebk4710
02-11-2011, 08:05 PM
The center console can be removed by removing the 4 push pins holding it in place. First remove the center pin using bull nose pilers then remove the pin housing. By doing this, you will be able to reuse the same 4 push pins when re-installing the console. As far as the contactor location, I am lost there too. I am in the process of installing a ProMark OffRoad 4000 XT winch myself. Same winch as a Warn just without the name.