PDA

View Full Version : Smokin' Loss of Power and Revs

jlames
01-03-2011, 10:33 PM
Recently I've begun experiencing total loss of rpm and power when the engine gets loaded up either by an incline or through deep, resistant snow on the property. The revs go down, acceleration quits and the tail pipe starts billowing white smoke. Let it go back to idle and nurse it along in neutral to stabilize the power band, put it in gear and it's fine until the next incline or obstacle. Billowing white smoke and loss of power. Any ideas? Oh, and the oil looks clear and not milky as is usually the case w/ h20 in the oil.

flyinlow402
01-05-2011, 10:52 AM
Are your coolant and oil levels staying where they should be? Did something happen prior to this starting? Oil change, repairs, etc? Gas or diesel? Is there oily residue at the exhaust?

mngator
01-11-2011, 08:51 PM
my gator also is losing total power , idling back to the shed and finishing with a large belch of smoke. The oil level is a inch and a half high, so I will try a new oil change. My main concern is that this may be a problem with this unit.

BackwoodsGator
02-08-2011, 07:28 AM
If your losing coolant we need to find out where it's coming from. I have yet to see one blow a head gasket but with the loss of power and milky oil it is a possibility.

jody
05-29-2011, 12:30 PM
Had the same problem- turned out to be the ground speed senor.

Farmer
05-29-2011, 04:50 PM
Ground speed sensor will not cause oil level to rise.

Farmer
05-29-2011, 04:59 PM
Sounds like gasket or cracked head.